Binoculars in Signature Suite

UWCorry

Bring your own, you will not know how good or bad they will be until you board, and then it is too late. We have a SS cabin for our Alaska cruise in July and we are bringing 3 or our own with us for me, my wife and our grandson. Not going to risk the HAL quality being satisfactory.

We had binoculars in our SS in January on the Veendam. They were not good. Very, very old and not kept up. Don’t think they had ever been cleaned. Will bring our own for our upcoming cruise through the Panama Canal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, UWCorry said:

Hello,

i was wondering what type of binoculars are in the SS stateroom and if they are any good. Debating on buying my own for an upcoming Alaska cruise. 

Thanks all!

We had Binoculars on Veendam Amazon Cruise....they will charge you for them if you keep them.  I still have ours.  I did not mind paying...I think was about $80 - 100 dollars.  That was in 2005 I believe.They are/were KonusVue  10/50. Quite heavy and good quality binocs, easy focus, and green  and Black color combo  with neck strap. You can tell quality by the weight of binocs I'm told.  These are pretty heavy.  They were new in the box.

Edited by Jsipes

I bring my own, and then DH and I share back and forth between my good ones and the significantly less useful ones provided in the SS.  It's great having good ones if something is spotted "out there."  That's been our experience.  Still....nice to have that extra pair.