Cococay snorkel area and prices

I’ve read through the mountains of posts for Cococay.  It seems like everybody is wondering when it’s going to open and about the cabanas.   Before you reply to me to look it up, I cannot find the answers to my questions and I’m tired of searching.

I’m wondering if the snorkel area is gone?   Also are all the slides and stuff extra cost? Is anything free and if so what? 

Here’s a video I took in 2011 of the snorkelling area at Coco Cay it would be a shame if it’s gone.   Thank you for your replies!

• Like 1

The slides are extra cost.  Think water park

Zipline is extra cost

Freshwater pool is free

Laying on the beach in a lounger is free , except in certain spots.

Lunch is free, think grill hamburgers etc.  However they also had a mexican bar and gyros on our last stop in November.

Umbrella, float mats cost extra (this has always been the case)

Don't know what other extras you are inquiring about.

• Like 1

CC.thumb.jpg.544fa162480895de7ba50e3179d3efff.jpg

Prices will vary on shore excursion extras so best to check cruise planner.  I think it's a good question tho about snorkeling are.  I'm all turned around with the new map.  Can someone tell us where the snorkel area in the video is on the new map?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trickie Dickie said:

Here’s a video I took in 2011 of the snorkelling area at Coco Cay it would be a shame if it’s gone

Great video!  What time of day did you snorkel?  I read a review elsewhere that said to go early, and it sounds like the area was just a little to the left as you walked off the boat.  It was an old post, so I assume the "boat" was the tender.  Does that sound like where you were?

51 minutes ago, SAmome said:

CC.thumb.jpg.544fa162480895de7ba50e3179d3efff.jpg

Prices will vary on shore excursion extras so best to check cruise planner.  I think it's a good question tho about snorkeling are.  I'm all turned around with the new map.  Can someone tell us where the snorkel area in the video is on the new map?

The good snorkeling area is to the left of the map location if my orientation is correct. Out beyond chill Island and in the waters out there. 

29 minutes ago, RW_MI said:

Great video!  What time of day did you snorkel?  I read a review elsewhere that said to go early, and it sounds like the area was just a little to the left as you walked off the boat.  It was an old post, so I assume the "boat" was the tender.  Does that sound like where you were?

Yes it was in the morning and to the left of the tenders.  Life vests were mandatory and I had to rent one before going out.

22 minutes ago, Trickie Dickie said:

Yes it was in the morning and to the left of the tenders.  Life vests were mandatory and I had to rent one before going out.

Thanks.  A nice beach with decent snorkeling is one of the things I enjoy most when cruising, so I hope it's still there!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trickie Dickie said:

mandatory life vests???

they should be available if someone wants to rent one, but not mandatory..

blue line trevally

Cheers

Craig

9 hours ago, NumnuT said:

mandatory life vests???

they should be available if someone wants to rent one, but not mandatory..

blue line trevally

Cheers

Craig

I had the same reaction ( of course I had the same reaction to them wanting me to wear seatbelts too, honestly) 🤨 But from what I can tell they are requiring it and so I bought us snorkeling vest (but now even our gear suitcase is bulging). 

On snorkeling - we will be at South Beach, does anyone have any info of the snorkeling on that part of the island? It is a long trek anywhere from there so we will be a bit land locked. Thanks! 🏖