Differences between Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria

Host Hattie

I've just booked a cruise for later this year on Queen Elizabeth. We have sailed on her once before but most of our recent cruises have been on Queen Victoria.

I know the 2 ships are very similar but can anyone remind me of the differences ? Am I likely to spend a lot of time being confused ?

I remember that the theatre is blue not red !

The internal colour scheme is different.

The large centrepiece wall panel in the Grand Lobby is a metal casting on QV and a marquetry panel on QE.

The Sports Deck has a canopy cover on QE and includes bowls and croquet.

The forward lifts all stop at the Commodore Club level on QV but on QE one of them goes up to the Sports Deck.

The staircase between the upper and lower levels in the Britannia Restaurant is different, QV has one either side of the entrance while QE has a central staircase.

The roof on the Winter Garden/Garden Lounge opens on QV but not on QE, and is a different shape.

I'm sure there are plenty of others but the two ships are definitely more alike than different.

Regards, Colin.

And the two ships are even more alike since QV had its refit.

I think the doors from the garden lounge to the pool area are differently placed. I think only QE has a croquet area. The QV has a much bigger travel office, where some of the shops on QE are.

But generally speaking, I can never tell which ship I'm on.

38 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

The internal colour scheme is different.

The large centrepiece wall panel in the Grand Lobby is a metal casting on QV and a marquetry panel on QE.

The Sports Deck has a canopy cover on QE and includes bowls and croquet.

The forward lifts all stop at the Commodore Club level on QV but on QE one of them goes up to the Sports Deck.

The staircase between the upper and lower levels in the Britannia Restaurant is different, QV has one either side of the entrance while QE has a central staircase.

The roof on the Winter Garden/Garden Lounge opens on QV but not on QE, and is a different shape.

I'm sure there are plenty of others but the two ships are definitely more alike than different.

Regards, Colin.

Winter Garden

The QV exit doors to the pool area are automatic and to the ship's side, while on the QE the doors are manual and central.  The QV walls by the Pool are actually sliding doors and open back. 

6 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Winter Garden

The QV exit doors to the pool area are automatic and to the ship's side, while on the QE the doors are manual and central.  The QV walls by the Pool are actually sliding doors and open back. 

And now I think about it, only one ship has an opening roof, I think QE. They don't often open it though.

Elizabeth has no sliding roof on winter garden whereas Victoria does.

However, and this is just what i was told (so dont shoot me down if Im wrong) by a bar tender that post refit the opening mechanism on Victoria has been permanently set to shut. He thinks they had a daily “dispute” with one passenger wanting it opne the another eanting it closed etc so the decision was taken to just close it.

Very little difference between the two ships now thta club has been installed in Victoria

i prefer the lighter colour scheme of Elizabeth but thats just me

Hi,

It wouldn't surprise me if the glass roof in the Queen Victoria's Winter Garden is permanently closed. I think this space looks great following the 2017 refurbishment. The new decor seems too nice to expose to the elements.

Chuck