Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
pjack61

Carlisle Bay Beach clubs

Recommended Posts

Just returned from a cruise and day at Carlisle Bay. We spent the day at Boatyard. Best quality lounge chairs. Relaxed, good music, good food, friendly people. I walked the entire stretch of beach and I can tell you that Lobster alive and Pirates cove had very few chairs out and handful of people at each. Harbor lights was busy but their lounge chairs and umbrellas were in rough shape but still a number of people there. We were very happy we spent the day at boatyard. 

$ 25 per person got us 2 lounges with umbrella, 2 drinks and taxi fare back to the ship. Recommend them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree with you!  We've been to both and Boatyard was way better than Harbor Lights.  :classic_wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pjack61 said:

Just returned from a cruise and day at Carlisle Bay. We spent the day at Boatyard. Best quality lounge chairs. Relaxed, good music, good food, friendly people. I walked the entire stretch of beach and I can tell you that Lobster alive and Pirates cove had very few chairs out and handful of people at each. Harbor lights was busy but their lounge chairs and umbrellas were in rough shape but still a number of people there. We were very happy we spent the day at boatyard. 

$ 25 per person got us 2 lounges with umbrella, 2 drinks and taxi fare back to the ship. Recommend them. 

Thanks for the feedback! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many people would say the smaller number of people at Lobster Alive and Pirate's Cove would be preferable.  The chairs are farther apart, especially at Lobsters, and the beach is just as nice, just fewer people.  Having said that, I've always enjoyed the Boatyard and would go there again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you need or have to get reservations in advance or do you just Taxi there and show up ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lobster alive had no more than 10 chairs with one family there.
Boatyard just show up no reservations needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We go to Lobster Alive every year and will go back next week. It is a lot quieter there and you also get a drink coupon.

OntarioCruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much is a cab to get there?  You say $25 pp included the chair, umbrella, 2 drinks and cab fare back?  The restaurant pays for the return cab - or you just added it all up?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cab fare to/from any of the Carlisle Bay beach clubs will be about $5 per person. Boatyard includes your return cab fare in their package. The will announce when a van taxi is loading up to go back to the port - show your wrist band and climb in. 

Edited by JohninDC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we just want to go there to catch the boat to snorkel with the turtles and over the shipwreck, do we need to pay for beach usage at each of the aforementioned places?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Super Curly said:

If we just want to go there to catch the boat to snorkel with the turtles and over the shipwreck, do we need to pay for beach usage at each of the aforementioned places?

 

You don't need to pay anybody for beach usage.  Walk wherever you want.   Lots of empty beach to throw down a towel if that's what you want to do.   If you want a lounger and an umbrella then you need to pay for that.  There will be plenty of options to pay someone to take you out to the snorkel area or you can just swim out if you're a good swimmer.

Edited by sft429

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 8:14 AM, sft429 said:

 

You don't need to pay anybody for beach usage.  Walk wherever you want.   Lots of empty beach to throw down a towel if that's what you want to do.   If you want a lounger and an umbrella then you need to pay for that.  There will be plenty of options to pay someone to take you out to the snorkel area or you can just swim out if you're a good swimmer.

Thanks for the advice! That was the most beautiful beach we visited and the snorkel trip was very easy. We could have done it from the shore but then we wouldn't have been able to enter the water via the slide off the top of the boat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Super Curly said:

Thanks for the advice! That was the most beautiful beach we visited and the snorkel trip was very easy. We could have done it from the shore but then we wouldn't have been able to enter the water via the slide off the top of the boat!

 

I agree... I did exactly what you're talking about last time I was there with my wife.  I planned to just snorkel from shore.  Since I didn't know where the turtles were, I ended up paying 20pp for a boat to run us out there (for turtles & wreck).  When we were finished, I wanted to just buy a quick beer and then grab a taxi back to the ship.  Unfortunately, The Boatyard wouldn't sell me a drink or let me stand there and grab a taxi. (live and learn)  This time, I just plan to pay the 25 bucks pp @ Boatyard and have the turtle trip included (with all the amenities).  Seems like a win-win overall if you plan to hang at the beach after snorkeling.  

Edited by Spike2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spike2000 said:

 

I agree... I did exactly what you're talking about last time I was there with my wife.  I planned to just snorkel from shore.  Since I didn't know where the turtles were, I ended up paying 20pp for a boat to run us out there (for turtles & wreck).  When we were finished, I wanted to just buy a quick beer and then grab a taxi back to the ship.  Unfortunately, The Boatyard wouldn't sell me a drink or let me stand there and grab a taxi. (live and learn)  This time, I just plan to pay the 25 bucks pp @ Boatyard and have the turtle trip included (with all the amenities).  Seems like a win-win overall if you plan to hang at the beach after snorkeling.  

We just went to Harbor Lights and paid $15 pp for the boat ride and equipment. We didn't have to spend anything else and their beach was just gorgeous! Harbor Lights will rent you the lounge and umbrella if you want, but you don't need to. After the beach we went to Hunte's garden and the cave. Cave was ordinary but Hunte's garden was extraordinary: the most beautiful garden I've ever seen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...