LIBERTY OTS "Amplified" Gym and Steamrooms

5 minutes ago, crewzerguy said:

Your correct my mistake, must have been cross eyed lol ......the ship in question should have been the Independence OTS.

Indy's fitness center is still in the same place, so I would assume that the sauna and steam rooms also persist.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Indy's fitness center is still in the same place, so I would assume that the sauna and steam rooms also persist.

Thanks, reason I ask is that it appears on Naviagtor the Gym has been repositioned Aft Port side with the complete removal of the sauna facilities?  Im just hoping the same wont happen to all Voyager and Freedom class ships. Cheers

2 minutes ago, crewzerguy said:

Thanks, reason I ask is that it appears on Naviagtor the Gym has been repositioned Aft Port side with the complete removal of the sauna facilities?  Im just hoping the same wont happen to all Voyager and Freedom class ships. Cheers

Oh, I think the loss of the "free" steam room and sauna is a foregone conclusion.  Too much non-revenue space for the bean counters to tolerate.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Oh, I think the loss of the "free" steam room and sauna is a foregone conclusion.  Too much non-revenue space for the bean counters to tolerate.

Some have said that the Mariner retained these spaces after it was "Amped" so perhaps its market a segment approach? One day the bean counters may find the most important beans are not in the jar any more and by that I mean their customers lol

1 minute ago, crewzerguy said:

Some have said that the Mariner retained these spaces after it was "Amped" so perhaps its market a segment approach? One day the bean counters may find the most important beans are not in the jar any more and by that I mean their customers lol

Mariner did retain the deck 11 forward gym and peak-a-boo bridge.  Navigator was an evolution of Mariner's amp much like Mariner grew out of and evolved from Adventure's pre-amp refurbishment.   More cabins including balconies and suites means more income. 

I'd be surprised if this deck 11 transformation wasn't continued in future amplifications. 

19 minutes ago, crewzerguy said:

I think Mariner's timing was lucky (for us).  I don't think Royal had embraced the dimunation of the fitness center concept soon enough to implement for Mariner's dry dock. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

Mariner did retain the deck 11 forward gym and peak-a-boo bridge.  Navigator was an evolution of Mariner's amp much like Mariner grew out of and evolved from Adventure's pre-amp refurbishment.   More cabins including balconies and suites means more income. 

I'd be surprised if this deck 11 transformation wasn't continued in future amplifications. 

Great update, appreciate the detail as it all helps when your planning different trips, nothing worse than finding things that you appreciate onboard have been removed. I guess it wont be too long before crown and Anchor lounge access gets changed, as it appears the suit guests are getting a lot of attention due the better yield they create, add that with the exploding loyalty members and its a recipe for change.

47 minutes ago, crewzerguy said:

I guess it wont be too long before crown and Anchor lounge access gets changed, as it appears the suit guests are getting a lot of attention due the better yield they create, add that with the exploding loyalty members and its a recipe for change.

I'm okay with the Diamond lounge changes on Navigator. 

I appreciate Diamond lounge access but also recognize Royal has many thousands of pre-Diamond guests on board.  The changes on Navigator are a win-win for me.  Change is hard for some people and they will complain about it even before experiencing it themselves.  The changes on Navigator handle the exploding numbers better than the Diamond lounge on Mariner handles the exploding Diamond levels.  

Rather than closing the lounge all together, which they could do, they found a viable solution that creates a better use of all spaces involved.  That a win for everyone.  

3 minutes ago, crewzerguy said:

Agree, I see the Concierge club has been removed so assume its Suits and Pinnacles in the new Suit lounge and Diamond + and Diamonds in the Diamond Lounge? ...

Correct.

I wonder if the will kill the gyms on the bigger ships (I didn't realize they had on Navigator), I know it is always packed on Liberty. The Freedom gyms were also not made smaller in the last round of drydocks, when the Voyager gyms were.

• 2 months later...
On 3/19/2019 at 10:50 PM, OSUZorba said:

I wonder if the will kill the gyms on the bigger ships (I didn't realize they had on Navigator), I know it is always packed on Liberty. The Freedom gyms were also not made smaller in the last round of drydocks, when the Voyager gyms were.

There's been some suggestion that replacing the fitness center with cabins and creating a smaller gym in a different area will not be the standard going forward, but would only be for certain ships depending on how they intend to deploy them. The other theory is that the prior renovations to some of the Voyagers and Freedom-class ships were in the works before the fitness center idea came into play, and "amplifications" going forward will be destroying the nice fitness center/locker room amenities in favor of revenue. I guess it remains to be seen, possibly on a ship-by-ship basis, and there never seems to be information available beforehand at that level of detail, and sometimes not even after. It took several weeks to get any kind of answer about what was done on Navigator.