Anthem - 20- April Cruise.. Book your Entertainment NOW!!

So last night we found out that you could FINALLY book your entertainment on the Anthem..  But what I found weird was the show times for We Will Rock You... On day 5, they only had show times for 2:30, which I assume is the afternoon Matinee..  But the other time was 6:30 - Weird time for the nightly show right smack dab in the middle of dinner time.  And if you don't arrive 30ish minutes or so before the show, you're gonna get the worst seats..  Anyone know why the evening show is so early?   Looks like an early Dinner or late lunch on day 5!

1 hour ago, ScottVV said:

But the other time was 6:30 - Weird time for the nightly show right smack dab in the middle of dinner time.  

That time would line up well for those with late traditional dinner.

1 hour ago, ScottVV said:

So last night we found out that you could FINALLY book your entertainment on the Anthem..  But what I found weird was the show times for We Will Rock You... On day 5, they only had show times for 2:30, which I assume is the afternoon Matinee..  But the other time was 6:30 - Weird time for the nightly show right smack dab in the middle of dinner time.  And if you don't arrive 30ish minutes or so before the show, you're gonna get the worst seats..  Anyone know why the evening show is so early?   Looks like an early Dinner or late lunch on day 5!

There is usually a third show that is later at night.  

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

There is usually a third show that is later at night.  

Unless they add it from now until the date of sail, only those two times were listed..

7 minutes ago, ScottVV said:

Unless they add it from now until the date of sail, only those two times were listed..

I would keep an eye on it and see if a third show appears.  If reservations just opened last night, it should not be full for that time yet, so maybe they are only doing two, but we have gone to a later show that ends after 11pm more than once.

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would keep an eye on it and see if a third show appears.  If reservations just opened last night, it should not be full for that time yet, so maybe they are only doing two, but we have gone to a later show that ends after 11pm more than once.

Thanks!  That's been my experiences as well. They usually have a show at 8pm'ish..  But it's all good either way.. You're cruisin'!

Thanks for posting as my sailing entertainment on Anthem opened up as well. What I also noticed was that my MTD bookings were changed from a preferred time to 'at your leisure'. Tried modifying and it goes through but still says 'at your leisure' on the calendar.

1 hour ago, jenafish said:

We just booked ours too. I wonder if it is because it is Spring Break with a lot of kids. We are sailing with 4 kids under 5 and the 2:30 actually works well for us!

I don't think it's that. Pretty sure there is usually one matinee offered on every cruise.

I am sailing on Anthem in May and our entertainment was open about 87 days out, or so.  We Will Rock You gave us those only choices, also.  Thought it to be very weird, as well.  We will probably choose another venue that evening ( Solarium?) and then get something after the show.  We do have anytime dining, so maybe go to MDR following the show?  I don't like to eat that late, but doing that one night won't be a big deal.  I don't think they do add a late show for that one because I read somewhere that the show is like 2 hours long!

On 3/20/2019 at 10:37 AM, marci22 said:

Thanks for posting as my sailing entertainment on Anthem opened up as well. What I also noticed was that my MTD bookings were changed from a preferred time to 'at your leisure'. Tried modifying and it goes through but still says 'at your leisure' on the calendar.

The emails you received will have your booking time there. Drives me crazy it doesn't show on my calendar,  says at your leisure too.

We booked the afternoon show. Breaks up a sailing day.

We are sailing April 20th also

See you onboard 

Safe sailing 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 10:37 AM, marci22 said:

This is a website glitch.  If you go to the "at a glance" calendar, the one with the 3 blocks where you hover your mouse, you will see the times you booked.  Write these all down or go to your confirmation emails so you have a record when you get on board!

• Like 1