Regal Princess balcony

ashhill

On 3/20/2019 at 6:12 AM, tillys mom said:

10837FC0-80E5-415A-A8FC-1E38361AD3B9.thumb.jpeg.44cae48c38a22f7c7a80debe31f9ca7c.jpegThis is DH on our balcony- one of the larger ones that flair out to make the curve. It is still not big but larger than others. We were in 409.

We will be in 409 on the Caribe deck next year.  Thanks for posting the picture!  Ours is adjoining, was yours?  If so, did you have any noise issues?

On 3/20/2019 at 7:04 AM, Daniel A said:

DW & I usually book mini suites when we sail.  In addition to the postage stamp sized balcony on Regal's minisuites you may find the redesign of the minisuite on the Regal to be a disappointment.  The "hourglass" design of the minis on older ships gave a feel of two separate rooms and we really enjoy the couch and coffee table.  Now, the minis have straight walls and a curtain separating the sitting area from the sleeping area.  The biggest disappointment was the very small balcony.  It felt cramped.  The problem we had with the minis with the larger balconies on the bump outs was that they lack privacy.  They are under the glass bottom Sea Walk and people can (and do) look straight down into the balconies below.

We found an alternative to the minisuite if you are interested: the Deluxe Balcony Cabin.  The main difference between the minisuite and the deluxe balcony is that the mini has a full bathtub where the deluxe has a shower stall instead.  There is a 2 person couch in the deluxe rather than a 3 person couch in the mini.  The drawback is the meager balcony size.  (Same size as the minisuite.)  What makes the deluxe a better fit for us is that the deluxe has everything we wanted in a cabin but it is less costly than the minisuite which again, is a disappointment to us anyway.

That's my two cents - I hope it gives you an alternative.

I didn't think the deluxe balconies were located mid-ship but at the aft.  Let me know if this is incorrect.  Maybe I need to look at the deck plan again....

On 3/20/2019 at 7:44 AM, ashhill said:

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Regal Princess out of New York in October this year ending in Fort lauderdale. 

We have always sailed on grand class ships in a mini suite balcony. Have read somewhere that the balconies on Regal are much smaller than the grand class ships  and that the balconies are larger on the extended area. Does anyone have any pictures of these balconies and the stateroom numbers to match?

Thanks for any replies 

We are also on this cruise and yesterday we gave up M104 to move up to L104.These are the largest balconies on Regal.M104 is still showing as available so I suggest you get right on it if you want the cabin.

3 hours ago, eurodl said:

We will be in 409 on the Caribe deck next year.  Thanks for posting the picture!  Ours is adjoining, was yours?  If so, did you have any noise issues?

We had no noise problem and enjoyed the cabin. I think the obstructed balconies on the Regal are a bargain. This was our second one, and we have another booked for next year.

14 hours ago, eurodl said:

I didn't think the deluxe balconies were located mid-ship but at the aft.  Let me know if this is incorrect.  Maybe I need to look at the deck plan again....

The deluxe balconies located aft are "Premium Deluxe Balconies" they have larger balconies.  The Premium Deluxe Balconies face the wake of the ship.  Otherwise, "Deluxe Balconies" can be found in the back, middle and front of the ship.