Dessert Menu Favorites

nukesubsailor

On 3/20/2019 at 9:03 PM, pris993 said:

I am a baker, so never eat dessert on a ship, now if we are in a port with a good bakery, that is another thing... especially true if we are in Europe....we buy and bring back to the ship.  

I think your missing out. Have you done the kitchen tour and watched the bakers in action. We got to try bread rolls right out of the oven !

24 minutes ago, Carla3 said:

I think your missing out. Have you done the kitchen tour and watched the bakers in action. We got to try bread rolls right out of the oven !

As I said I am a baker, cakes, cookies, pies... can do bread too.  Now days, I am not impressed with bakery items, no matter how much I pay for them, don't compare to home made.  Agree Princess does an excellent job on bread... I live near San Francisco, have family in Paris, so travel there often... I mention that because San Francisco is noted for it's French bread and sour dough, plus can't beat Paris for it's bread and pastries.   I try to avoid carbs, so don't eat much of the breads on Princess but excellent.  The other dessert items I am glad I don't like... easy to stay away from them mostly creams and filling where is the "cake"??   If I am going to eat carbs need to feel spoiled to do so.  We have purchased pastries in Spain, France, Italy, Turkey and even Israel that are worth carbs more me.   Food is very subjective... obviously I am in the minority... doubt very little goes to waste on Princess.   

i have learned you always say yes to the souffle.  there is also a curtis stone hazelnut chocolate layered thing that is yummy.

i concur about the ice cream.  sometimes i just order a few scoops of ice cream with chocolate sauce.

we also order a cheese plate to share.  i miss the cheese plate when i am not onboard.

Edited by vampiress