Dessert Menu Favorites

nukesubsailor

My wife and I seldom eat desserts at home or in restaurants but we do occasionally indulge when aboard a Princess ship.  Tonight we were discussing our favorites.  

At present with the current menus, we both consider the key lime pie dessert on the menu at the Planks and Steamers specialty restaurants aboard the Caribbean Princess to be our favorite dessert.  On a recent cruise we were too full after eating in those restaurants to eat dessert but we really wanted to get the key lime pie.  We asked if we could get it to carry out with us and were told that would be no problem.  The staff wrapped the desserts in film and we put them in the fridge in our cabin.  It was the next day before we ate them and they were great.

In the main dining room, my go-to dessert is the crème brulee.  The wife prefers the vanilla ice cream.  

In the Crown Grill we no longer eat desserts.  There is no longer an item on the Crown Grill dessert menu that we used to have every time we ate there.  It was the Wild Berry Cobbler and it was fantastic.  Sure wish they would bring it back.

I sure wish Princess would consult me when they think about changing menus---or anything else for that matter.  I bet I am not the only one who feels that way.

We almost never eat dessert when dinning out here at home.  Occasionally we will have an apple or cherry cobbler at home and when it is hot have vanilla  ice cream.  On the ship we like the creme brulee as well as any dessert with apples in it.  Last cruise we ate one time in Steamers/Planks and passed on the key lime pie.  Their ice cream served in the MDR can be really good depending on what flavors are being offered each night.   

As others, we rarely eat a dessert at home, but indulge on a cruise. I order my own mini Sunday each night. Couple of scoops of Chocolate Ice Cream with strawberry, pineapple, and chocolate toppings. It hits the sport for me.

So many wonderful desserts:  the mainstay is the Love Boat Dream, but how can I not mention the Orange Souffle, the Caramel Pot du Crème (one of the few Curtis Stone creations that I enjoy), floating islands in vanilla, and of course, the cherries jubilee and the baked Alaska!!

Although good bread and butter (more than one pat) would be an acceptable dessert for me any day!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Although good bread and butter (more than one pat) would be an acceptable dessert for me any day!

The breadsticks with butter. Every single night! Yes, they don't bring them with the rolls, but if you ask, they will bring them out for you. I found out and did just that in February. I would let the plate of them go around the table once, then they rest were mine!  

The flourless chocolate cake the first night of most cruises, the flavor of the day ice cream, and in the steakhouse, I love the lemon dessert. But my all time ever - - - oatmeal raisin cookies. 

1 hour ago, nukesubsailor said:

I sure wish Princess would consult me when they think about changing menus---or anything else for that matter. 

I completely agree! They used to have soufflés almost every night. Those were the days.

Edited by Coral

6 minutes ago, RNGALNG said:

The breadsticks with butter. Every single night! Yes, they don't bring them with the rolls, but if you ask, they will bring them out for you. I found out and did just that in February. I would let the plate of them go around the table once, then they rest were mine!  

The flourless chocolate cake the first night of most cruises, the flavor of the day ice cream, and in the steakhouse, I love the lemon dessert. But my all time ever - - - oatmeal raisin cookies. 

This isn't desert related, but all you have to do is ask. Last fall one of our table mates wanted a certain type of soft specialty loaf of bread for the table on Fridays. Every Friday, one showed up with the bread.

We are big on escargot. We asked for them on off nights and were told once they were offered in the MDR, we could ask a few days ahead and get them on any night they weren't on the menu.

• Like 1

Crème Brûlée is my go to desert. Also love the Love Boat Dream. My wife likes the MDR ice cream. The Norman Love stuff is pretty good as well. We don't eat dessert at home so it's an indulgence when cruising. My wife has also been known to "let me" go get her cookies from the buffet late in the evening so she can have them in the cabin. I really don't mind at all.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jessejo said:

My anniversary cake - hard chocolate icing over a sort of mousse filling.  I wish it was available on the menu.IMG_2424.thumb.jpg.e14f5b52f6c5973d577839c93a2304dc.jpg

Look at the love boat dream.  It sounds vry similiar.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Burnt rhubarb napoleon. Extra yummy.

When that's on the menu I always order it, but without the pastry, just the nectarine ice cream (extra scoop please)   Some of their ice cream and sorbet flavors are wonderful.  Honeydew sorbet on the first night is fabulous.  I once was in a suite so had dinner the first night at the Crown Grill.  I asked them if they  could bring me a serving, happy to provide.

Jackie

• Thanks 1