Dessert Menu Favorites

nukesubsailor

8 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Souffles do NOTHING for us, but we like mousse based creations.

Wow! I was beginning to think we are the only people who feel that way. We have tried multiple types of souffles on Princess cruises and they have all been exceedingly bland and boring. I've read so many posts from people who love them I kept trying the souffles but never found one that "did it" for me. My wife feels the same way. I guess it's a good thing that people like different things. (More crème brûlée for the rest of us!)

• Like 2

On 3/20/2019 at 4:25 PM, nukesubsailor said:

My wife and I seldom eat desserts at home or in restaurants but we do occasionally indulge when aboard a Princess ship.  Tonight we were discussing our favorites.  

At present with the current menus, we both consider the key lime pie dessert on the menu at the Planks and Steamers specialty restaurants aboard the Caribbean Princess to be our favorite dessert.  On a recent cruise we were too full after eating in those restaurants to eat dessert but we really wanted to get the key lime pie.  We asked if we could get it to carry out with us and were told that would be no problem.  The staff wrapped the desserts in film and we put them in the fridge in our cabin.  It was the next day before we ate them and they were great.

In the main dining room, my go-to dessert is the crème brulee.  The wife prefers the vanilla ice cream.  

In the Crown Grill we no longer eat desserts.  There is no longer an item on the Crown Grill dessert menu that we used to have every time we ate there.  It was the Wild Berry Cobbler and it was fantastic.  Sure wish they would bring it back.

I sure wish Princess would consult me when they think about changing menus---or anything else for that matter.  I bet I am not the only one who feels that way.

“I sure wish Princess would consult me when they think about changing menus---or anything else for that matter.  I bet I am not the only one who feels that way“. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:04 PM, Thrak said:

Wow! I was beginning to think we are the only people who feel that way. We have tried multiple types of souffles on Princess cruises and they have all been exceedingly bland and boring. I've read so many posts from people who love them I kept trying the souffles but never found one that "did it" for me. My wife feels the same way. I guess it's a good thing that people like different things. (More crème brûlée for the rest of us!)

I'm not a soufflé person either.  I really don't get them. 

But, I love crème brulee and also the white/dark chocolate mousse cups served in the atrium (but not there on the last 2 cruises) and are also served at the chocolate breakfast!

Another favorite thing are the almond croissants that are served in the atrium for breakfast.  So delish!

Edited by metairiegal

12 hours ago, metairiegal said:

I'm not a soufflé person either.  I really don't get them. 

But, I love crème brulee and also the white/dark chocolate mousse cups served in the atrium (but not there on the last 2 cruises) and are also served at the chocolate breakfast!

Another favorite thing are the almond croissants that are served in the atrium for breakfast.  So delish!

Chocolate breakfast? details please

On 3/23/2019 at 4:37 PM, Kingofcool1947 said:

“I sure wish Princess would consult me when they think about changing menus---or anything else for that matter.  I bet I am not the only one who feels that way“. :classic_biggrin:

The chocolate flourless torte is my favorite. Hope they still serve it (usually at dinner on the first night).

3 hours ago, happythoughts said:

Chocolate breakfast? details please

The last day has a chocolate breakfast in the buffet.  Many, many chocolate goodies offered along with the regular buffet offerings. 

Edited by metairiegal

9 hours ago, Mapu said:

The chocolate flourless torte is my favorite. Hope they still serve it (usually at dinner on the first night).

Here here!  That and the orange soufflé show up on the same day - that's just not fair!

10 hours ago, metairiegal said:

The last day has a chocolate breakfast in the buffet.  Many, many chocolate goodies offered along with the regular buffet offerings. 

We always eat breakfast in the buffet on the last day (disembarkation day) and have never noticed the chocolate stuff. Perhaps I will take special notice next time. We don't cruise again until May though so it's not likely I can remember that long.

We were on our very first cruise - the Inaugural year for the Sea Princess and celebrating our 25th anniversary - it was April 1999. Our first dinner in the main dining room we ordered our selections but decided to pass on dessert, never again! While serving dessert to our tablemates our waiter brought us a plate decorated in chocolate icing that said "We are having nothing". And he held it up for everyone in the dining room to see. We've been on several cruises since then and looking forward to Alaska on the Coral in May - I will be ordering dessert every night, usually something chocolate. 

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2019 at 7:24 AM, metairiegal said:

I've never seen this on the last day for breakfast in the HC. They do have a Chocolate Extravaganza on the last full day in the Horizon Court for lunch.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, tonit964 said:

I've never seen this on the last day for breakfast in the HC. They do have a Chocolate Extravaganza on the last full day in the Horizon Court for lunch.

Noticed you are from Simi Valley, CA.  I graduated Simi Valley High School in 1981!  It's a small world here on Cruise Critic!

4 hours ago, tourismtessy said:

Noticed you are from Simi Valley, CA.  I graduated Simi Valley High School in 1981!  It's a small world here on Cruise Critic!

It sure is!

I was two years behind you. If you still have your yearbook from your senior year, I'm in it, 10th grade, Toni A. 😊

• 9 months later...
On 3/20/2019 at 6:22 PM, TheRabbit said:

This isn't desert related, but all you have to do is ask. Last fall one of our table mates wanted a certain type of soft specialty loaf of bread for the table on Fridays. Every Friday, one showed up with the bread.

We are big on escargot. We asked for them on off nights and were told once they were offered in the MDR, we could ask a few days ahead and get them on any night they weren't on the menu.

A soft, braided bread on Fridays?  That would be challah, the special Sabbath bread.