updated iOS app login issue

I was a regular user of the CC iOS app before it was discontinued due to the new CC website intro. Though not very user friendly, I have since been using the CC "mobile friendly" web version on my iPhone 7+ w/ iOS 10.3.2. 

When I was informed that the iOS app was back in service, I downloaded it. However, when I correctly enter my CC username/password, I get a "login failed" message asking "forgot password."

i am entering the correct login info on the iOS app (even checked it by signing out/in of the regular website) and have tried it while both "signed in" or "signed out" of the regular CC website. I've even deleted/re-downloaded the app twice.

Nothibg seems to work and I am not interested in experimenting with resetting password since this is clearly a glitch in the iOS app update

Assistance from CC's IT folks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I know that our app is due back "any day now" but I am not sure it was actually released.  I am checking into this

Thanks for your patience

It definitely shows in the Apple iOS App Store and shows as version 7.1.60 released on 2/14/19IMG_7472.thumb.PNG.7685e4d543bebd3a65ed4e116bbe3162.PNG'

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Our app never left the app store, so that makes the whole situation confusing .  To add to that our developer would still push through updates, however our new forums weren't compatible with the app as it was intended for our old forums software.

Laura has been working with the developer to push out the changes needed to work with our new forums software and it will be very soon, but I do not believe any changes were pushed out/released yet.  We will have an official announcement here when they app will be usable.    

58 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Our app never left the app store, so that makes the whole situation confusing .  To add to that our developer would still push through updates, however our new forums weren't compatible with the app as it was intended for our old forums software.

Laura has been working with the developer to push out the changes needed to work with our new forums software and it will be very soon, but I do not believe any changes were pushed out/released yet.  We will have an official announcement here when they app will be usable.    

So, it looks like 2/14/19 "update" was for the non-functioning/non-compatible old (pre-new website) app (really weird that the developer would do that!). 

In any case, as you folks work on the new iOS app, I trust that your IT will make sure the "new" update (or replacement) will address what's currently on our iPhones (since, even if we delete it, the app remains in iCloud storage).

Thanks for being on top of this!

4 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

So, it looks like 2/14/19 "update" was for the non-functioning/non-compatible old (pre-new website) app (really weird that the developer would do that!). 

In any case, as you folks work on the new iOS app, I trust that your IT will make sure the "new" update (or replacement) will address what's currently on our iPhones (since, even if we delete it, the app remains in iCloud storage).

Thanks for being on top of this!

The CC branded app is a subset of Tapatalk which does work. There are many branded apps that use  a subset of Tapatalk. Likely whenever there are bugs they update the base code and they send out one update to all the branded apps.

4 hours ago, molole said:

I have the same problem.  It tells me login failed and asks if I forgot my password.  I have to use the website. 

Same here. Can’t log in to Tapatalk. It was working before recent update this week although had to sign in each time. Now I can’t even sign in. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Is there any advantage to using the app? I know a lot of people had complaints about uploading pics, does the app alleviate those issues somewhat?

Maybe I missed the complaints about uploading photos. I find it to be easy but I work with this system 24 hours a day 🤪

it is also very very easy to upload photos via the app - or at least it was when the app worked.  I assume that hasn’t changed  

Maybe I missed the complaints about uploading photos. I find it to be easy but I work with this system 24 hours a day [emoji2957]

it is also very very easy to upload photos via the app - or at least it was when the app worked.  I assume that hasn’t changed  

Uploading photos works fine with a browser and with the app. Where the app shines is that I can upload directly from the camera roll on my phone. On my computer I have to export the photos from my photo album to my desktop first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

It might just be the issue of slow internet on the ships then. 😂

Yes, I do think loading the forums on the app uses much less data than the site.  At least in the past.

Today, I downloaded the IOS app to my iPad, and I get the same message as others do, with login failed did you forget your password, but, when I go to CC by using my browser I don’ Have any issues. I, deleted it and reinstalled it, but still the same issue. What should I do to fix this issue? 🤔

3 hours ago, CaJazzman said:

Today, I downloaded the IOS app to my iPad, and I get the same message as others do, with login failed did you forget your password, but, when I go to CC by using my browser I don’ Have any issues. I, deleted it and reinstalled it, but still the same issue. What should I do to fix this issue? 🤔

See posts #4,5,6. The actual updated CC app is not yet out.