Great Stirrup Cay haven area now open??

Freeholdnjjoe

3 hours ago, fourofakind said:

So just wondering if you were able to book it and the cost? I'm sailing Haven this Sunday on the Escape and would love to book one as well.

Anyone have any more info on these?

Thanks!

Trish

Pre--concierge responded to my inquiry this morning saying call Shorex asap to have it switched as they sell out fast - Shorex says not available to book until the 15th. He was able to tell me that Ocean View  Villa will be $499 for my sailing (May 1, Dawn).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Pre--concierge responded to my inquiry this morning saying call Shorex asap to have it switched as they sell out fast - Shorex says not available to book until the 15th. He was able to tell me that Ocean View  Villa will be $499 for my sailing (May 1, Dawn).

Is that $499 per person or the total cost to rent the villas?

8 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Thank you so much very helpful! I will call for my sailing in the morning. 

Thanks!

On 4/1/2019 at 10:41 AM, NJ_Erin said:

Some photos from the Villas at GSC. What an amazing experience! The beach area was very private, the villa felt like a beach condo, it was fully equipped with a stocked refrigerator, full bathroom and closet. I wish we skipped Nassau and spent 2 days here.

9829FAC1-00C8-4AF8-9E2D-504B5AC78287.jpeg

6183EAE7-535E-4397-8860-38FFED18D832.jpeg

A3FCE2B9-458F-44BD-929C-2108085F6593.jpeg

991F14DF-3CDF-4B7F-BEB9-88EDA0D645D6.jpeg

BB6B4E90-2230-4490-BDBA-81D513B45914.jpeg

Is the beach area available to all haven guests or just ones that rent a cabana? Thx

Huh...super frustrating to not have consistent information. 

I re-called the Haven concierge AND Shorex, and both told me that you cannot book the villas yet - we are on a June sailing. 

Has anyone been successful in booking (or "reserving the right to book" as per the Shorex representative I spoke with) the villas yet?

I did confirm that you can cancel a cabana reservation up to 2 days before sailing with a full refund...so perhaps no harm in booking both with the hope that the villas will be open, but a guaranteed awesome day in a cabana if the villa falls through. 

It SNOWED a few days ago here in upstate NY - and I am just clinging to the thoughts of a lovely warm beach (and unlimited drinks package)....

14 minutes ago, amygutman said:

Huh...super frustrating to not have consistent information. 

I re-called the Haven concierge AND Shorex, and both told me that you cannot book the villas yet - we are on a June sailing. 

Has anyone been successful in booking (or "reserving the right to book" as per the Shorex representative I spoke with) the villas yet?

I did confirm that you can cancel a cabana reservation up to 2 days before sailing with a full refund...so perhaps no harm in booking both with the hope that the villas will be open, but a guaranteed awesome day in a cabana if the villa falls through. 

It SNOWED a few days ago here in upstate NY - and I am just clinging to the thoughts of a lovely warm beach (and unlimited drinks package)....

Not yet - Shorex told me to call the 15th for my May 1st cruise. Will report back then. 🙂 

I had a small cabana rented for my cruise on the Escape March 24th, paid $575.  Everyone that had a small cabana rented was upgraded for free to the ocean villas. The notification about the upgrade was in my cabin upon getting on the ship, so this was obviously determined beforehand.   It was amazing.  I was not staying Haven.  I met people on the cruise that were in the Haven and booked a small cabana upon embarkation, and they were still in the small cabana not upgraded.  It seemed to me they upgraded those who already booked the small cabanas and then resold the original small cabanas.  I met people who booked a large cabana and they were not upgraded.  To get to the area you need to take a tram and had to be booked in a villa, and were limited to 6 guests (wrist bands).They still had the fence up that divided the small cabana area from the villa area, so the tram was necessary.  One note, to me these are ideal for 2 people or those with kids who will be in the water a lot and it looking to sit.  There are only 2 loungers in the outdoor part.  If you have a large group that wants to sit and chill with one another outside, the small and large cabanas still seem better suited for that. However there were tons of loungers available down by the water.  For those with limited mobility the area where the villas are down to the water was a little on the steep side and could be a challenge.  Given the chance though, I would 100% book an ocean villa again.  Having the bathroom was super convenient.  The villas have their own buffet area which was very good and pretty empty too.  Officers stopped by often to see how everything was, and it seemed they were in soft opening for when the area will be bookable.

On 4/8/2019 at 6:05 PM, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Not yet - Shorex told me to call the 15th for my May 1st cruise. Will report back then. 🙂 

Please share....we are Haven guests and are not renting a cabana....wondering what (if anything) is provided for Haven guests without paying extra.  Any details about your stay would be appreciated as it's a recent addition to our itinerary and know nothing.  Excited though - looks nice and I am very excited that drink packages etc work, unlike Harvest Caye.  That was our least favorite stop ever and will keep me from ever choosing an itinerary including it again!

In my visit and in my opinion the area currently open is only big enough for the persons who rent the villas.  The area close to the water would not be big enough or have enough lounge chairs on the beach for Haven passengers as well.  There are tons of other villa looking structures around the lagoon but these are still shells and I couldn’t figure how one would get from those buildings to the actual lagoon.  Right now there is a ton of construction and chained linked fences all around the area.  There is no access to the lagoon.  But the buffet area has more seating than would be necessary for just the villas.  The open villas and the beach in front of them are only a very small part of the whole area.

On 4/14/2019 at 2:08 PM, cruising7 said:

Please share....we are Haven guests and are not renting a cabana....wondering what (if anything) is provided for Haven guests without paying extra.  Any details about your stay would be appreciated as it's a recent addition to our itinerary and know nothing.  Excited though - looks nice and I am very excited that drink packages etc work, unlike Harvest Caye.  That was our least favorite stop ever and will keep me from ever choosing an itinerary including it again!

Called today and was told not yet available for booking.

Will keep trying!

1 hour ago, Shidah said:

Can you book a small cabana?  I would do this in case they are still upgrading them during your cruise.  You could always cancel it if they opened up the villas for booking.

We already have the small cabana booked.

Again today though, "Haven Villas not yet available for booking, try back tomorrow." 🙃

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, hftmrock said:

I know this is 2 months old but I was just able to book a villa for my cruise (in March 2020). So people should be able to get them now

We had to book onboard last month. They're now showing online. Question is, are they showing for everyone, or just Haven guests?! image.thumb.png.d00642b1fc08a42a7cb1aa24e4e241de.png

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

56 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

I am a suite guest but not a Haven guest. I also got mine for $349 - 10% - $50 so I think I got a real bargain . My cruise is only 4 days but I’ll be at the island for 9 hours. 

Is this for a past sailing or upcoming?

Ours on our 4 day Dawn cruise last month was $499 - 10% - $50 Shorex credit. 🙂

The above it's what's showing for our 7 day Breakaway cruise. The $699 price is quite a jump! 

6 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

THANK YOU ALL!

Been waiting for this to become available and just booked ours for 10/6/19 cruise.  I LOVE these boards! lol

Amen!

In 30 minutes, I went from having a large cabana, posting a forum question about haven villa vs large cabana, re-checking the boards to see the new booking information, and just switched our cabana to a villa based on @Wendy&Grumpy's review, photos and info and the advice of a number of other CruiseCritic contributors.

Social media CAN be wonderful!

Amy

• Like 1