Great Stirrup Cay haven area now open??

Freeholdnjjoe

We were on the Sky at GSC March 7th.  Offered the air conditioned cabanas free for a "soft opening".  Declined as the temps only in the 70's.  Kind of wish would have taken the offer just to see them.  Stormy

That's interesting to know!

We are on the Dawn in June and booked a large cabana which we have loved in the past. However...we are in the Haven, so if the GSC Haven area is potentially open in June, I would happily cancel our cabana in lieu of the "free" Haven cabana. 

Yes...I know nothing on NCl is "free"...maybe "included in your Haven perks"?

The large cabana is amazing btw...expensive, yes, but the privacy, service and convenience make it worth the money. It's been 2 years since our last Bahama's trip and I still have clear memories of an amazing family day. 

Hoping for updates from those in the know....A,y

What I’ve heard is that for a trial period (not sure how long), suite or Haven guests who have booked a small cabana will be upgraded, at no extra charge, to the villa. Suite or Haven guests in a large cabana will be upgraded upon request and based on availability. 

8 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

Is the "plan" that Haven Guests get to use a Cabana, regardless if they have purchased one or not?.  Is this information available on the NCL website?

No. From everything I’ve heard, the villas, like the cabanas, must be purchased.

That's interesting news...is there anywhere on the NCL site where it gives more information regarding the villas? I'd love to see what they have to offer or even photos? It would be very hard to beat a day in a cabana...

11 hours ago, amygutman said:

That's interesting news...is there anywhere on the NCL site where it gives more information regarding the villas? I'd love to see what they have to offer or even photos? It would be very hard to beat a day in a cabana...

Well the villas are A/C.  What's the point of sitting in an air conditioned room on the island.  Wish we had  taken them up on the free offer so could report more.  Stormy

On 3/25/2019 at 8:33 PM, stormynow said:

Well the villas are A/C.  What's the point of sitting in an air conditioned room on the island.  Wish we had  taken them up on the free offer so could report more.  Stormy

The Harvest Caye Villas are A/C. While we spent most of our time on the outside deck of ours, it's nice to be able to cool off for a bit!

We are on the Dawn 5/1 and currently have a small cabana reserved. Just called pre-concierge and was told Haven Lagoon villas cannot yet be reserved for our sailing. Hopefully this changes soon! 

1 hour ago, Freeholdnjjoe said:

Got to use the villa a great stirrup cay. Beats cabana by far in my opinion

Really? Wow. 

Now you have me all excited...I know experiences are personal, but can you give your opinion on Villa > Cabana? I'm intrigued....

On 3/25/2019 at 6:19 AM, amygutman said:

I had the opportunity to join new friends in a villa and it was outstanding.  Here is a video:  

8 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

I had the opportunity to join new friends in a villa and it was outstanding.  Here is a video:  

To avoid confusion (since this thread is about the Haven area on Great Stirrup Cay) this is Harvest Caye, NOT Great Stirrup Caye. 

Harvest Caye Villas are available for all to book, not just Haven guests.

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

Some photos from the Villas at GSC. What an amazing experience! The beach area was very private, the villa felt like a beach condo, it was fully equipped with a stocked refrigerator, full bathroom and closet. I wish we skipped Nassau and spent 2 days here.

9829FAC1-00C8-4AF8-9E2D-504B5AC78287.jpeg

6183EAE7-535E-4397-8860-38FFED18D832.jpeg

A3FCE2B9-458F-44BD-929C-2108085F6593.jpeg

991F14DF-3CDF-4B7F-BEB9-88EDA0D645D6.jpeg

BB6B4E90-2230-4490-BDBA-81D513B45914.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NJ_Erin said:

Some photos from the Villas at GSC. What an amazing experience! The beach area was very private, the villa felt like a beach condo, it was fully equipped with a stocked refrigerator, full bathroom and closet. I wish we skipped Nassau and spent 2 days here.

9829FAC1-00C8-4AF8-9E2D-504B5AC78287.jpeg

6183EAE7-535E-4397-8860-38FFED18D832.jpeg

A3FCE2B9-458F-44BD-929C-2108085F6593.jpeg

991F14DF-3CDF-4B7F-BEB9-88EDA0D645D6.jpeg

BB6B4E90-2230-4490-BDBA-81D513B45914.jpeg

Thank you!!!!

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, amygutman said:

That is ridiculously awesome!

Off to call our pre-concierge....many, many thanks!!!!

Amy

So just wondering if you were able to book it and the cost? I'm sailing Haven this Sunday on the Escape and would love to book one as well.

Anyone have any more info on these?

Thanks!

Trish