Rodeway Inn & Suites

camper49

11 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

I implore you to read reviews, specifically how they respond to negative reviews. Rodeway Inn is a low end budget hotel. You can get something much nicer, for a cheaper price. 

Suggestions???

3 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Suggestions???

Try Home2 Suites by Hilton. I've never personally stayed there because we always use Airbnb but I have friends who stay there when they travel with us and it's always a high recommendation. 

2 hours ago, camper49 said:

Only need a one night stay & parking for a week. Rodeway  is 3.5 miles from port...says the web site..

We are not familiar with Ft Lauderdale...any feedback on this motel? 

The one at 2440 W State Rd 84 ? We stayed there over a year ago. It is a very basic (and old) motel but I read they have remodeled their rooms. It is OK for one night and their breakfast is more than adequate.

There are so many nicer places in the Fort Lauderdale area than the Rodeway Inn. Place is tired looking and personally I wouldn’t stay there. There are four brand new hotels on Federal Highway in Dania Beach that are literally five minutes away from Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International Airport. They include the Hotel Morrison, Holiday Inn Express, Best Western, and Comfort Suites. It’s not exactly a tourist area but there are a few nice restaurants just south of that location. The hotels opened within the last two years.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:34 AM, camper49 said:

Only need a one night stay & parking for a week. Rodeway  is 3.5 miles from port...says the web site..

We are not familiar with Ft Lauderdale...any feedback on this motel? 

Not have any luck with this! Our cruise is feb 2 2020...Super Bowl!!!! Un believable hotel rates! As we will be in Kissimmee for 10 days prior, we have decided to drive to the port and park there! 

Orlando area to South Florida is approximately a four hour drive. Make sure you get an early start on the road on Super Bowl Sunday so that you have a cushion in reference to bad weather, heavy traffic, etc. Make sure you leave around 7::00AM or 8:00AM so that you arrive around 12 Noon. Plenty of parking at Port Everglades so don’t be concerned about finding a space.

I wouldn't stay here. Even if just for the night. The manager has a SERIOUS lack of respect for anyone who reports a problem at this place.  You can do better with just a TINY amount of research. 

3 hours ago, DCT61 said:

I wouldn't stay here. Even if just for the night. The manager has a SERIOUS lack of respect for anyone who reports a problem at this place.  You can do better with just a TINY amount of research. 

We decided to stay in Stuart the night before our cruise & park at the port . Although we would really like to find a reasonable park n cruise. Rates are crazy...Super Bowl!!

I think your'e doing the right thing. We had a cruise during the boat show one time, and had to stay in Plantation due to prices and availability. Hope you guys have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Rodeway in February 2018 pre-cruise.  It was...okay.  They offered free shuttle to and from the airport as well as to and from the cruise port.  Continental breakfast (mediocre prepackaged high-in-sugar foods) was also included.  The worst would be the manager, who was extremely crude / sleazy while trying to generate conversation with us.  The reviews depict him accurately as disrespectful to guests.  We didn't have any problems while we were there, but I pity any guests who did and had to deal with him. 

In February 2019, we stayed pre-cruise at Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale.  It was higher in price (probably double the price of the Rodeway) and did not include shuttle transport, but the staff were great to deal with, happy hour was a blast with the free snacks and drinks, plus we were close to enough dining options.  

Edited by SnowbirdsinTraining