Does ship time change on Alaska cruise?

LadyBeBop

After five Caribbean cruises, I’ll sailing to Alaska for the first time this September. 

On our previous cruises, ship time was the originating port time throughout the cruise. It never changed, even as we pass into different time zones. 

Alaska is an hour behind Seattle/Vancouver. I’m assuming ship time will change. But when?  As we leave Seattle?  Second day?  Third day as we arrive in Alaska?  And when will it change back to Pacific Time?  Sixth day, as we leave Alaska?  Sometime in the seventh day when we reach Victoria?  Early on the Eighth day when we arrive in Vancouver?  

BTW, we’re sailing RCCL Ovation of the Seas; the last Alaska cruise of the year from Seattle to Vancouver. 

I would be asking on the RCI board, as it would be a RCI cruise line policy. But, yes, they will change. Maybe the first night, maybe the second night...doesn't really matter, but you will likely get the expert answers on the RCI board.

By the way, Ovation has not been to Alaska yet, so no one has experience on Ovation in Alaska yet...another reason it is a RCI policy and best asked on the RCI board.

On my first Caribbean cruise my Droid cell phone changed to Universal Time but back to Central Time in 1st port and then never changed back to U.T. - stayed on Central. Very odd. I later, while taking a behind the scenes tour onboard the ship, noticed that all the clocks in the engineering section of the ship were on U.T. When we go on our Alaska cruise this summer, I'll make sure to have my watch on ship time because that's what the captain will use to depart the port. In the map of the time zones, it looks like along the inside passage we'll be on Pacific Time, but up near Ketchikan we switch to Alaska Time.

alaska time zones.jpg