Thomas Keller Menu

Qld13

Hi

Be gentle with me this is my first post!!!

We are off on a back to back, Odyssey then Encore from July. Is the Thomas Keller menu the same every night or does it work on a week rotation. My wife is partial to lobster thermidor and dover sole, as we have booked a couple of visits, what is the likelyhood of them being on the menu the nights we go? Once on board would we be able to see the menus so we could change the nights of our bookings to ensure these meals?

Thanks

Hello Qld13.  Welcome to Cruise Critic. 😀

There is a fixed, unchanging menu in the TK Grill that includes both lobster thermidor and dover sole.  It will be the same menu on Odyssey and Encore.  In addition, there will be changing dishes offered each night, which I believe include an appetizer, main course, and dessert.

You can see the next day's menus each evening.  Fortunately for your wife, the lobster and sole should be available whenever you go, since it may be hard to get a reservation for particular day once on board.  However, if you are flexible about dining time, it may be possible to get a last minute reservation. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 5:48 AM, wripro said:

What a sad comment on CC that you had to start your first post with a request tone gentle with you. Fellow posters hold automatically be gentle with each other as a matter of course.

So accurate wripo!  But there has been the occasional rude reply lately.  I'm finding myself being very careful not to make any spelling mistaks!

Qld13 - welcome....

The TK menu and quality are always the same.  If you loved it yesterday, you'll love it tomorrow. I too get the lobster thermador every time.  Here is a tip:  The bar in the TK restaurant on the Encore is fabulous. I mean fabulous!  You can go to this bar whether or not your not eating in the restaurant.  Wifie and I would "belly up to the bar" at 6pm every night to have our evening cocktail. Mine was a Rusty Nail made with Johnny Walker Black.  It's SO quiet and romantic between 6 and 7 at the TK bar compared to the Observation Bar.

14 hours ago, raphael360 said:

Qld13 - welcome....

The TK menu and quality are always the same.  If you loved it yesterday, you'll love it tomorrow. I too get the lobster thermador every time.  Here is a tip:  The bar in the TK restaurant on the Encore is fabulous. I mean fabulous!  You can go to this bar whether or not your not eating in the restaurant.  Wifie and I would "belly up to the bar" at 6pm every night to have our evening cocktail. Mine was a Rusty Nail made with Johnny Walker Black.  It's SO quiet and romantic between 6 and 7 at the TK bar compared to the Observation Bar.

Hi raphael360

Thank you for your welcome!! That sounds like a great idea going to the TK bar for cocktails. My wife will be pleased that the lobster is good. We have had a few duff lobsters in recent times where the meat is soft and not nice at all. Silversea had a batch like this last year, which put her off.