Booking Excursions for Friends

MV21

In a couple of months two of our friends will be accompanying us on their first ever Regent cruise. It will be our third and they have devolved all the responsibilities regarding booking Dining and excursions to me.

I think I have the Dining adequately planned – I believe we can book a table for 4 as long as I quote their reservation number. But I am enquiring about booking excursions jointly.

I have set them up with a Regent profile so I have access to that and I obviously have a profile myself.  When excursions are released will I need to go online with me on my own profile and have a laptop next to me with their profile opened and basically ensure I book both couples on the same tours?  If the tour is replicated how do I ensure we are all placed on the same tour.

Any insights would be welcome.

Many Thanks

Richard

Tours have specific numbers and times.  Make sure you book the same number and same time and then you'll be on the same tour.  If there are multiple vehicles for the same time then make sure you let them know when they assign you to a specific van or bus.  

Edited by papaflamingo

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Tours have specific numbers and times.  Make sure you book the same number and same time and then you'll be on the same tour.  If there are multiple vehicles for the same time then make sure you let them know when they assign you to a specific van or bus.  

Just to clarify this comment: book both parties on the same tour/time on-line now.  The morning of the excursion, go as a group to the theater (usual place) and get your bus assignments at the same time to ensure the same bus...not something you need to worry about now.

• Like 1

Yep, we've done a few cruises with our in-laws (on both sides) and we honestly found it was better to do some excursions together and some separately and just compare notes over dinner.  

But for the ones you do together, as Portolan said just make sure you turn in all of your tour tickets in for bus assignments at the same time.  If you have the same numbered ticket in the theater, you'll be on the same bus.

Thanks for your guidance everyone.

Am I right about actually booking the excursions online, in that I will need to have both profiles open to book the same excursion.  There isn't a similar setup to Dining excursions where one can book your friends onto your table if you have their reservation number?

9 minutes ago, MV21 said:

Thanks for your guidance everyone.

Am I right about actually booking the excursions online, in that I will need to have both profiles open to book the same excursion.  There isn't a similar setup to Dining excursions where one can book your friends onto your table if you have their reservation number?

That's correct, you can't 'group up' excursions online.  I'd also suggest that when it gets to that point that perhaps a call to Regent might actually be quicker.  I've had good luck with the phone agents being able to get dining reservations/excursions set up faster and easier than I could online.

42 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

That's correct, you can't 'group up' excursions online.  I'd also suggest that when it gets to that point that perhaps a call to Regent might actually be quicker.  I've had good luck with the phone agents being able to get dining reservations/excursions set up faster and easier than I could online.

While it is easier, we like to book excursions and dining reservations when they open (at midnight eastern time).  We have had difficulties when we have had to wait until Regent opens 8 hours after the reservations open.  A heck of a lot of people can book online between midnight and 8:00 a.m.

Since the TS has the account information for both accounts, it should be fairly easy to book excursions.  As long as it is within a few minutes of each other, the likelihood of getting the same excursion time is fairly strong.  The only issue would be if, for instance, you are in a concierge suite and the other couple is in a lower suite as they have different booking dates.  

1 minute ago, Travelcat2 said:

The only issue would be if, for instance, you are in a concierge suite and the other couple is in a lower suite as they have different booking dates.  

Ooh, good point - I'd overlooked that possibility...