Problem with Check-in on Celebrity App - HELP!

cricketgirl

I'm usually pretty good with apps and electronics, but I have somehow completely screwed up our check-in process on the app for our upcoming Edge cruise.  Somehow passport info and pictures are transposed and connected to the other's name!  I tried to go online and fix it, but when I change the passport number for myself it tells me that passport number is already being used for the other guest and won't save.  I called Celebrity this morning and they told me there's nothing they can do to clear it out, that we will just need to sort everything out at the pier.  That makes me very uncomfortable, I envision lines and delays and worst case not being able to get in.  Any suggestions as to how I can go about resolving this (besides at the pier in a foreign country) would be greatly appreciated!

Agree, just check in at the pier. Many people do this and it causes no extra stress or delay. Just bring all your documents and they will allow you into the terminal building and then the check-in agent will straighten it all out for you.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

Uninstall the app.  And just bring all the documents with you and do regular in person checkin.  It will take 5 minutes or less.

If you really feel you need the app, reinstall AFTER checkin.  

37 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Agree, just check in at the pier. Many people do this and it causes no extra stress or delay. Just bring all your documents and they will allow you into the terminal building and then the check-in agent will straighten it all out for you.

Okay you have both eased my mind quite a bit.  We will just check in at the pier.  Thanks to you both!

• Like 1

You're very welcome.  One of the very best things about CC is being able to reassure those who are getting stressed.  Enjoy your cruise!

PS It's NOT you -  I'm very internet savvy as well - I've owned and designed some simple-ish websites - but that Celebrity App is not ready for prime time.  I gave up on it because it kept crashing.  And, on the Millennium, it's pretty useless. 

Edited by jkgourmet
  • Like 1

In Japan, they wanted a passport copy at check-in.  Unfortunately, we had no way to make one, on one day's notice.

Fortunately, CC had a copier at the front of the terminal.

The only drawback was the anxiety before arrival at the port.

5 hours ago, cricketgirl said:

I'm usually pretty good with apps and electronics, but I have somehow completely screwed up our check-in process on the app for our upcoming Edge cruise.  Somehow passport info and pictures are transposed and connected to the other's name!  I tried to go online and fix it, but when I change the passport number for myself it tells me that passport number is already being used for the other guest and won't save.  I called Celebrity this morning and they told me there's nothing they can do to clear it out, that we will just need to sort everything out at the pier.  That makes me very uncomfortable, I envision lines and delays and worst case not being able to get in.  Any suggestions as to how I can go about resolving this (besides at the pier in a foreign country) would be greatly appreciated!

It’s not you, it is Celebrities doing.  Just take whatever E Docs that  prove your on the cruise & everything will be fine.  We had a similar situation & it kept on going over to the next cruise, took 7 months to fix.

Edited by If only
  • Like 1