Allure Question - Genie and Ride Sharing

Hi All - leaving for a week on the Allure of the Seas this weekend, first time cruising in about 20 years and very excited. 

Two questions I have that I am hoping someone here can answer for me:

1.    Our royal genie is Alan R, anyone have him before?

2.    Our timing is tight on the last day, trying to catch a 9 am flight back to Chicago.     Does anyone have experience with Uber and Lyft when you disembark?   Are the cars right there and ready available?

Thanks in advance, the info on these boards have been fantastic and I feel like we are ready to cruise!

The airport is close and Uber and Lyft are readily available.  I would request a ride as soon as you get through customs.  The drivers are usually waiting at the entrance anyway because they know Cruise traffic and departures so there's usually no more than a few minute wait to get rideshare.

Flat rate from the Port to Airport is $27.00 for a taxi. We got off Allure this past weekend and the rideshare area was a total cluster of people waiting for rides, so your best bet might be to hop on a taxi. Customs took only a few minutes.

5 hours ago, CGdallas said:

Flat rate from the Port to Airport is $27.00 for a taxi. We got off Allure this past weekend and the rideshare area was a total cluster of people waiting for rides, so your best bet might be to hop on a taxi. Customs took only a few minutes.

Since when? I have never paid a flat rate, and it was always much less than that on the meter.

$27.00 is the flat rate to the airport with a taxi, Uber and Lyft will be in the $16.00 range.    With you having such an early flight, you will most likely need to use a taxi.  Uber and Lyft can both take about 20 minutes or so unless you are one of the first ones off of the ship.  Good luck catching your flight.

Edited by springfire

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

But isn’t Allure in Fort Lauderdale now?

i can’t keep it straight any more!!!

She's in Miami now, but goes to Port Everglades in May I believe.