Sheelin Irish Cream

Eaglecw

Does anyone know if I can bring a 750ml bottle of "Sheelin Irish Cream" on my upcoming Alaska cruise? In the description it says “Only the freshest delicious Irish dairy cream is used in the creation of this sweet indulgence. Uniquely blended to highlight soft cream and chocolate flavors with a silky finish. Wine Based, contains no spirits.” I buy this at Costco and I have to admit it’s pretty darn tasty.

Randy

Edited by Eaglecw

5 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

Does anyone know if I can bring a 750ml bottle of "Sheelin Irish Cream" on my upcoming Alaska cruise? In the description it says “Only the freshest delicious Irish dairy cream is used in the creation of this sweet indulgence. Uniquely blended to highlight soft cream and chocolate flavors with a silky finish. Wine Based, contains no spirits. I buy this at Costco and I have to admit it’s pretty darn tasty.

Randy

If there is 0% alcohol, there is no problem. Bring as many as you want.

If it is really a type of wine, you can bring one bottle per adult with no corkage charge if you consume it in your cabin.

While it is wine based, see the description below, it appears to have 13.9% alcohol (27.8 proof) and not 0% as you mention. While it may be wine based my opinion is that it will be not allowed. I think it would be classified more as a liquier than a wine. But if your bottle clearly states 0% alcohol then there should be no issues as non-alcoholic beverages are allowed to be carried on.

Sheelin White Chocolate Irish Cream Liqueur is made in County Tipperary Ireland by R.A. Merry the makers of Merry Irish Cream and several private label brands of Irish cream.  Sheelin Irish Cream is also available.  Both are made with grape wine instead of Irish Whiskey.  Sheelin is imported by World Spirits in Princeton Minnesota and sold at Total Wine and More.It pours to a beige off white color.  The aroma is frosted angels food cake with a grape wine backing.  The white chocolate marshmallow entry is smooth and creamy and has a sweet grape wine backing.  Sweet caramel flavor arrives before building to a creamy grape wine peak.  It fades with white chocolate taste and a mild burn on the finish.  I would describe the taste experience of Sheelin White Chocolate as more white chocolate wine than white chocolate Irish cream.

Made in Ireland

13.9% Alcohol

Grade 90 Award Silver Medal