Transferring cruise to Travel Agent - time limit now?

Yukonbear

I noticed today that one of my future princess cruises was not transferred to

my travel agent.  When I called I was told that it could not be done as I was past the 60 day limit from time of booking (approx Nov 2018).  

Is this a recent change?  The customer service rep would not budge and said the booking is locked.  I could cancel

and rebook but I don't want to lose the perks 

Changed without warning late last year. There was a pretty big outcry from folks who were blindsided. Not even the travel agents were notified in advance. Due to the mass of unhappy people Princess gave in and allowed a "grace period" where cruises could be transferred outside the 60 day limit as long as the transfer was completed by December 31, 2018.  I had 3 cruises that I had booked a long time before this change so they were waaaaaaaaaaaay past the 60 day limit. Due to the grace period I was able to transfer all 3 of them before the deadline.

I have always booked directly with Princess and then watched my booking for promos, price drops, etc. I would transfer the booking to my TA shortly before final payment and he would discount the price. With the new system I can no longer do that and will need to transfer the cruise very shortly after booking. Since we tend to book cruises right after they come out that leaves the cruise "out of my hands" for a very long time.