Balcony dimensions on Regal Princess

flamomo

We are probably going to book a balcony cabin on Marina deck of the Regal, a class of Princess ship that we have never been on. In looking at the differences between a "regular" balcony vs a "deluxe" balcony, there's nothing I can find about the difference in balcony size between the two, although the info I see says the balcony is larger for the "deluxe".

Would I be correct in thinking that the increased size is in the side-to-side dimension, rather than the distance between the exterior wall of the ship and the railing, since there is a difference in the number of square feet in the overall cabin size?

Does anyone know if the balcony furniture would be the same as that of a "regular cabin"? Might it include footstools with the "deluxe"?

Edited by flamomo
edit for clarity

Standard size is approx 4X10. 

The difference between regular and deluxe is a love seat in the deluxe. Nothing to do with the balcony size. 

There are some aft facing and forward premium deluxe that have a tad bigger balcony and also some odd shaped ones under the Skywalk. 

You have to do some digging to find the few that are bigger.

• Like 2

The largest balconies will be the forward facing balconies on the Lido and Marina deck and the balconies directly on the aft of the ship.

Some of the balconies under Seawalk and Seaview Bar are larger, but they are kind of "peek a boo" and some of them can be seen from the Seawalk.  Also, I have been on the Regal Princess twice, and at night there is a blue glow that exists (at least on the Seawalk on that side) from the lighting that would be quite annoying to me.

Suites will have a larger balcony, but if it's a suite on the port or starboard side, the  difference is only in the length, not the width.

There are also some regular balcony cabins forward on the Emerald deck that have larger balconies, but they are considered obstructed as the outer wall is the steel hull of the ship and not glass. 

Previous poster is correct, the standard balcony size on the deluxe balcony cabins are no larger than any other standard balcony.

Edited by shutterbug63

1 hour ago, flamomo said:

there's nothing I can find about the difference in balcony size between the two, although the info I see says the balcony is larger for the "deluxe".

Like Colo Cruiser says, there is no difference in the size of the balcony.  What you are probably seeing is that the square footage of the entire Deluxe Balcony cabin (including the balcony) is larger than the square footage of the entire Standard Balcony cabin.  That is where the extra room for the love seat comes in.  It kind of makes the Deluxe Balcony almost like a "mini-minisuite." :classic_rolleyes: