Eurodam questions

KruzPrincess

Forgive me for asking questions that have probably been answered, but I’ve been away from CC for awhile and I can’t seem to find anything when I do searches. 

I just booked a cruise on the Eurodam. I haven’t sailed with HAL in a few years. 

A couple questions:

How much does HAL charge for a single liter bottle of water?  I’m trying to decide on the value of the water package. ( I know tap water is perfectly fine.)

Does the Eurodam have an unlimited WiFi package? If so, how much is it and does it work well? 

Does HAL let you pay your daily gratuities with OBC?  I seem to recall that I’ve done this before, but I was recently on another cruise line that didn’t allow it. 

Do do they serve lunch in the MDR every day or just sea days?

Thank you in advance. Much appreciated. 

A few answers for you:

Yes, you can use your OBC to pay the Daily Service Charge (gratuities).  Its around  $15 pp, depends on cabin class (suite or not).

Lunch in the MDR is only on departure and sea days.  Once in awhile there ma be exceptions.  Definitely try the Pinnacle Grill for lunch ($10 cost) - well worth it.  Only on sea days (some ships may offer more often).

You can bring water on board with you.  We bring a case on when we board and then buy some in port if needed.   They charge quite a bit for plain water, but if you get most of the beverage packages, water is included.  Many say the water is excellent out of the tap, but I prefer to bring on our own H2O.   

Eurodam Feb 2019.   A Liter of Evian cost $ 6.50.   You can buy it at the Coffee Bar (make sure you go to the coffee section) and get it for $ 3.50 if you are four star or above >>and use your room key for payment<<.  We do this on every cruise.

Edited by SFO PETER

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

A few answers for you:

Yes, you can use your OBC to pay the Daily Service Charge (gratuities).  Its around  $15 pp, depends on cabin class (suite or not).

Lunch in the MDR is only on departure and sea days.  Once in awhile there ma be exceptions.  Definitely try the Pinnacle Grill for lunch ($10 cost) - well worth it.  Only on sea days (some ships may offer more often).

Thanks. I’ve never eaten in the Pinnacle Grill. I should try it. 

1 hour ago, cruzin4us said:

You can bring water on board with you.  We bring a case on when we board and then buy some in port if needed.   They charge quite a bit for plain water, but if you get most of the beverage packages, water is included.  Many say the water is excellent out of the tap, but I prefer to bring on our own H2O.   

Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

Eurodam Feb 2019.   A Liter of Evian cost $ 6.50.   You can buy it at the Coffee Bar (make sure you go to the coffee section) and get it for $ 3.50 if you are four star or above >>and use your room key for payment<<.  We do this on every cruise.

Thank you, that’s what I needed to know. The water package is a value if individual bottles are $6.50. Unfortunately, I am not a 4 star mariner yet. 

I am on the Eurodam right now.  The Mini Bar Menu tag hanging on a 1 liter bottle of Evian water says $5.   You can also get their water package, 6 bottles for $24, or 12 bottles for $42.

We have the SBP and all water, soda, coffees are included in the package and do not count towards your daily 15 alcoholic drink total.   It's like having the Quench package added onto the SBP for no extra charge.

1 hour ago, TAD2005 said:

I am on the Eurodam right now.  The Mini Bar Menu tag hanging on a 1 liter bottle of Evian water says $5.   You can also get their water package, 6 bottles for $24, or 12 bottles for $42.

We have the SBP and all water, soda, coffees are included in the package and do not count towards your daily 15 alcoholic drink total.   It's like having the Quench package added onto the SBP for no extra charge.

Thanks so much. That really helps. My online price for 12 bottles is more than $42. 

1 hour ago, TAD2005 said:

===

Are you sure it is Evian?  or is it HAL's bottle water?    If it is Evian then I got overcharged.   I am looking at my bill right now which says $6.50 for two with the 50% 4 star mariner discount.

Peter

1 minute ago, SFO PETER said:

===

Are you sure it is Evian?  or is it HAL's bottle water?    If it is Evian then I got overcharged.   I am looking at my bill right now which says $6.50 for two with the 50% 4 star mariner discount.

Peter

Do they have their own water? That could make a difference. 

To the best of my recollection HAL's water is now under a different name.  Cannot remember the name.   It is purified water.  I always insist on Evian.   Our "drinking" consists of two bottles of one-liter Evian every day.

Peter

4 hours ago, SFO PETER said:

To the best of my recollection HAL's water is now under a different name.  Cannot remember the name.   It is purified water.  I always insist on Evian.   Our "drinking" consists of two bottles of one-liter Evian every day.

Peter

Thanks. I do like Evian better.