Welcome Aboard Amenities

cruisnworld

Had an issue when we sailed on the Gem and wrote customer relations when we returned.  It took a couple of months to get a response, but they said to let them know when we would be sailing again and they would do something special.  We are sailing again and I contacted customer relations to let them know. Again it took a couple of months to get a response but they did make an offer:

We offer three choices for the Welcome Aboard Amenities from which you will have to choose one between:

1.) A bottle of House Red Wine
2.) A bottle of House White Wine
3.) A $25.00 Onboard Credit for your stateroom

Just thought I would share. When I called customer relations the rep bumped the $25obc up to $50. 

Take the $25 / $50 OBC - forget the house wine, that retailed under $10 in ports like NYC, plus corkage fee.  Go get something nice in duty-free gift shops as you leverage it, i.e. DW never get enough OBC for her cosmetics.  Or, enough a carton of cigarettes (not that we endorse smoking ...) - best "bang" for your OBC bucks, IMHO. 

Edited by mking8288