ES price match

JaxsMama

Hi, I am booked on the Valor under the Early Saver rate.  I did a mock booking and there is an "exclusive vifp offer" for a lower price.  Can I price match that rate or only the Early Saver rate? I realize I will lose my $25 OBC and up my deposit, but it's enough of a savings to make it worth it. Thanks for the help!

You can price match to that rate.  Make sure you screen print it for reference and double check the match that you are granted.  I did this a few weeks ago and they gave me a new rate that, while lower than the one I had, was higher than the Exclusive VIFP Offer that I saw.  Called my PVP and he fixed it.

BTW, $1 is enough for me to fill out a form ....

• 7 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 11:38 AM, Schoifmom said:

You can price match to that rate.  Make sure you screen print it for reference and double check the match that you are granted.  I did this a few weeks ago and they gave me a new rate that, while lower than the one I had, was higher than the Exclusive VIFP Offer that I saw.  Called my PVP and he fixed it.

BTW, $1 is enough for me to fill out a form ....

Are you still Early saver if you do this? Can you still get price protection up till 2 days before sailing?  I can save $120 right now with a VIFP offer, but trying to decide if I should. Final payment isn't till July, cruise in Oct. Thanks

33 minutes ago, crabbdock said:

Are you still Early saver if you do this? Can you still get price protection up till 2 days before sailing?  I can save $120 right now with a VIFP offer, but trying to decide if I should. Final payment isn't till July, cruise in Oct. Thanks

I don't believe there is any way out of early saver rate once you book with that rate. Yes you would still be eligible for rate drops up until 2 business days before your cruise sets sail.

26 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I don't believe there is any way out of early saver rate once you book with that rate. Yes you would still be eligible for rate drops up until 2 business days before your cruise sets sail.

Thank you. So I sent in a price protection form. Wow, I don't know what they did. My current rate was $659 with no OBC, the new rate I asked for was $599, they changed it to $669 with $50 obc.. Im so confused, LOL. I don't even see any rates offering OBC right now, so I have no idea where that came from. Plus they increased my rate instead of decreasing it. I am going to send in another form to see what happens, then if it is still wrong, I will call tomorrow.. 

5 hours ago, crabbdock said:

Thank you. So I sent in a price protection form. Wow, I don't know what they did. My current rate was $659 with no OBC, the new rate I asked for was $599, they changed it to $669 with $50 obc.. Im so confused, LOL. I don't even see any rates offering OBC right now, so I have no idea where that came from. Plus they increased my rate instead of decreasing it. I am going to send in another form to see what happens, then if it is still wrong, I will call tomorrow.. 

Always call. The person can price match instantly and you will know exactly what's going on before you have it changed. 

As an FYI, you don’t lose your deposit when price matching. You are not canceling a cruise and booking another. If the deposit on the new rate is higher you will have to pay the difference. And you cannot keep any OBC that was part of the old price since you will now be under the new price.