What to do in Athens when flight arrives at 1:00am?

toothmaker

My wife and I are contemplating a cruise in the Mediterranean and don't want to go when the temps are HOT.  

I see there is one Western Mediterranean & Adriatic Medley cruise available Aug. 3, 2019.  Is that too hot still? 

Thank you for replies from those who have done this cruise.  David

I lived in Athens for 3 years.  July and August can be miserably hot.  Late September or early October is much nicer.

OP - you may want to send a note to the administrators asking them to re-title this thread.

40 minutes ago, toothmaker said:

My wife and I are contemplating a cruise in the Mediterranean and don't want to go when the temps are HOT.  

I see there is one Western Mediterranean & Adriatic Medley cruise available Aug. 3, 2019.  Is that too hot still? 

Thank you for replies from those who have done this cruise.  David

How does this relate to the title of the thread 

Do not go in August if you don't like it HOT.

Even in September it can be toasty. On one of my cruises that departed from Athens it was over 100 degrees on the day we boarded the ship -- which was the next to last day of September. Some people on the pre-cruise tour fainted at the Acropolis.

3 minutes ago, aloha123 said:

What is it like in mid-May usually? Can it be rainy?

Mid-May is usually lovely.  Athens (and some of the islands) have distinct rainy - late fall through the winter - and dry seasons.  In fact when the first rains come in the fall, they carry warnings on the news that the roads will be particularly treacherous because all the oil and other automotive additives that leaked into the roads over the past 6 months come to the surface and make the roads dangerously slippery.