🥛Milkshakes on Royal?

Georgie562

Have the beverage package for upcoming cruise and noticed milkshakes are included. I cannot find any information about Royal having a milkshake bar. Perhaps the coffee shop?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks and Cheers 🍻

No shakes from the Lido deck ice cream stand on the Royal-class ships.

Blended concoctions are available from Gelatos in the Piazza on Deck 5 but are not included in the Soda & More, Coffee Card, or PBP. They must be purchased. 

Edited by fishywood
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, fishywood said:

No shakes from the Lido deck ice cream stand on the Royal-class ships.

Bummer! I had the best malt I've had in a bazillion years on Emerald Princess (might have been Caribbean Princess...) when I had the beverage package. I asked for lots, and lots, and lots of malt and the guy just kept shoveling it into the glass. It was awesome. Lame that there are no shakes on Royal class ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KreinKrunker said:

Get to know a bar tender.  Most will blend you a milk shake.  You will have to take the ice cream to them.  You can get a big boy milk shake by adding kalua and Frangelico.

Thanks for the idea!!

1 hour ago, Cruiserkenn said:

Uhm...   Please forgive me, but why are milkshakes included on the beverage package if there are no milkshakes available?  Isn't something wrong with this?

From the T&C of the PBP:

• The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

On all ships except Pacific Princess and the Royal-class (Royal, Regal, Majestic, Sky and presumably Enchanted next year) there are either milkshakes from Scoops or frappes from Coffee & Cones included in the package. The bubble tea stand on Majestic is also included (Gong Cha). So the "as available" disclaimer only excludes the oldest and newest ships in the fleet. (Though as more of the older Grand-class either leave the fleet or "upgrade" from Scoops to Coffee and Cones one wonders how much longer the latter's fancier version of a shake will be included).

Though perhaps someone who sails Sun and Sea Princess can confirm whether or not shakes (or the equivalent) from the New Zealand Natural Ice Cream stand on those two ships are included or not.

When we've enquired, we've been told that they just didn't provide the blenders to the ice cream venues on board Royal and Regal.   However, we observed and think that its a bit more than that.  The Regal and Royal ice cream places on Lido are very small.  They did not create the space to install the freezers which hold the hard ice cream and fridge for milk -  Princess makes shakes with hard ice cream.  

So looks like another design flaw for the Royal class ..... 🙄

Bummer!! I was looking forward to having a milkshake in the mornings but I guess that would just have to be replaced with a Mimosa or Bloody Mary 😜

Thank you all for your replies ☺️

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fishywood said:

From the T&C of the PBP:

• The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

On all ships except Pacific Princess and the Royal-class (Royal, Regal, Majestic, Sky and presumably Enchanted next year) there are either milkshakes from Scoops or frappes from Coffee & Cones included in the package. The bubble tea stand on Majestic is also included (Gong Cha). So the "as available" disclaimer only excludes the oldest and newest ships in the fleet. (Though as more of the older Grand-class either leave the fleet or "upgrade" from Scoops to Coffee and Cones one wonders how much longer the latter's fancier version of a shake will be included).

Though perhaps someone who sails Sun and Sea Princess can confirm whether or not shakes (or the equivalent) from the New Zealand Natural Ice Cream stand on those two ships are included or not.

Thanks for explaining this.  Seems like lots of exceptions.  Please know that I realize these are Princess's exceptions, not yours.  Thanks again for the clear explanation.

On 4/3/2019 at 2:30 PM, Georgie562 said:

Have the beverage package for upcoming cruise and noticed milkshakes are included. I cannot find any information about Royal having a milkshake bar. Perhaps the coffee shop?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks and Cheers 🍻

No milkshakes on the Royal is a big disappointment.  My son loved them when we were on the Sapphire a few years ago.