Buying 1 liter bottles of water

It has been my past experience that you can only find the 1 liter bottles of water once in awhile. I don't know whether to buy the water package or not as I drink a lot of water and can drink those little bottles in nothing flat. Yes, the ship's water tastes great but I swell up too much so I try and limit the amount I drink of it. Are the 1 liter bottles of water readily available and if so how much are they on board.. 

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal sells the 1L Evian bottles, and a 12 bottle package costs around $39.

Yes, thanks Bob, that's what I was looking at.. Then I saw the $7 plus service charge on top of it.. So because I wasn't sure how many I would actually drink I wondered if it was better to buy them individually (if available and cost) or buy the package.

15 minutes ago, Choozin Croozin said:

Yes, thanks Bob, that's what I was looking at.. Then I saw the $7 plus service charge on top of it.. So because I wasn't sure how many I would actually drink I wondered if it was better to buy them individually (if available and cost) or buy the package.

I don't know if Evian is available onboard in single bottles.  I know the 500ml bottles (not Evian)  are around $3.

Also, you can bring on up to 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages, each no larger than 500ml.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

I don't know if Evian is available onboard in single bottles.  I know the 500ml bottles (not Evian)  are around $3.

Also, you can bring on up to 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages, each no larger than 500ml.

Ah, ok... Thank you. That gives me something to go on.:D

50 minutes ago, Choozin Croozin said:

Ah, ok... Thank you. That gives me something to go on.:D

If you are Diamond you can get all you need from the DL each night or use your vouchers for water at any bar.  Just guessing you might be D from your signature. 

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

If you are Diamond you can get all you need from the DL each night or use your vouchers for water at any bar.  Just guessing you might be D from your signature. 

Yes I am. Really?? I did not know that. Thank you.. I was feeling stupid about asking this question, but see, you never know what information you gain. So say, if we go to the diamond lounge and then before 8p we stop at a bar and ask for 3 waters each? That would work? 

59 minutes ago, Choozin Croozin said:

Yes I am. Really?? I did not know that. Thank you.. I was feeling stupid about asking this question, but see, you never know what information you gain. So say, if we go to the diamond lounge and then before 8p we stop at a bar and ask for 3 waters each? That would work? 

You could get three each at any bar on the ship during happy hour. I believe there is no limit in the DL, I saw people walking out with more then three on our Symphony cruise.  happy cruising

But is also depends on the ship.....

Once on the Oasis in the Diamond Lounge we were told they didn’t have any bottled water.  

However we just cruised again on the Oasis and they had Blaze as the overflow for the Diamond cocktail hour (because so many Diamond and above were onboard) and we had no problem getting water or anything else we wanted....😉😉.

So in the future if they have an overflow location listed for the cocktail hour that is where we will head!!  Much nicer, quieter and very attentive service....as opposed to the crowds and chaos in the regular Diamond Lounge!!

We tipped our waiters there very well because it was such a nice experience!!

We won't have drink package , but abit worried about drinking alot of the water in fountains due to reading about people swelling up , if we buy online the evian package will this be in our stateroom when we arrive ? and would the normal thing be to take a bottle in at lunch ? in the evening we will buy wine. I had originally thought it was a 12 pack of 500 ml bottles but seeing they are litre bottles it's not a bad deal.

TIA

14 minutes ago, Saman said:

We won't have drink package , but abit worried about drinking alot of the water in fountains due to reading about people swelling up , if we buy online the evian package will this be in our stateroom when we arrive ? and would the normal thing be to take a bottle in at lunch ? in the evening we will buy wine. I had originally thought it was a 12 pack of 500 ml bottles but seeing they are litre bottles it's not a bad deal.

TIA

Yes, they will deliver the entire package to your stateroom before you arrive.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, they will deliver the entire package to your stateroom before you arrive.

From what I saw when I went to buy the package, they do add a service charge at the end (it comes to $46.02), but you can actually choose what day they deliver it to the cabin. It can be first day or later. Hope that helps.

Also, the water on the ship is ocean water desalinated but some salt still remains. While it tastes great, I have a tendency to swell in my ankles, but I am also of "senior" age. It doesn't mean it will happen to you. 

Edited by Choozin Croozin

If you are Diamond or above you have a welcome aboard amenity where you can choose bottled water not Evian but something comparable to Dasani or Aquifina.  You can no longer do this online, but give the Crown and Anchor rep a call to request this.