Half Moon Cay

bill11466

on Carnival cruise line I reserved a cabana in Half Moon Cay. The description says base rate is for 4 people. extra person cost an additional 50 with maximum up to 6 people. Now my question is there are 6 adults in our party and 3 kids. Will carnival allow this and do kids cost as much as the adults. And how do I pay for the additional people as it does not allow me to do that online.

1 hour ago, bill11466 said:

on Carnival cruise line I reserved a cabana in Half Moon Cay. The description says base rate is for 4 people. extra person cost an additional 50 with maximum up to 6 people. Now my question is there are 6 adults in our party and 3 kids. Will carnival allow this and do kids cost as much as the adults. And how do I pay for the additional people as it does not allow me to do that online.

They would never know unless your cabana was busting at the seems

2 hours ago, bill11466 said:

When you get on the ship go to the shore excursion desk as soon as you board. So you can book which cabana you want before the others take all the good ones. You can add the extra 2 people then and there. You can bring as many people as you like to it but they will only offer drink choices and food for the 6 people you pay for. The drink choices are made when you pick your cabana so make sure you know what type of coke products each person would want and I believe its still 2 per person.

• Like 1

Question on this topic.....My husband and I and 2 grown kids have bought a cabana before but next May in 1/2 moon we are taking all the kids and grandkids. They said they do not need a cabana since they will be in the water all day (or at least 90% of the time). Can my husband and I and 2 grown kids purchase a cabana and the "rest of the gang" sit in front of our cabana (probably down by the water).

I don't see why it would be issue since we are only geting drinks and snacks for 4 ppl. And that's not why I rent the cabana....I like the lounge chairs, the shade and the floaties. The grandkids could care less about that stuff!

I have a question too, if I can add on here.

We are 4 adults and 2 children. The kids will not be interested in sitting down in the shade, so I'm not worried about adding them on the reservation.

I read somewhere on CC that you also get priority tender with a reserved Cabana.

Question: Will they give us 6 tender tickets for same time if we only paid for the four adults in Cabana?

Thank you!

21 hours ago, llarsen said:

I have a question too, if I can add on here.

We are 4 adults and 2 children. The kids will not be interested in sitting down in the shade, so I'm not worried about adding them on the reservation.

I read somewhere on CC that you also get priority tender with a reserved Cabana.

Question: Will they give us 6 tender tickets for same time if we only paid for the four adults in Cabana?

Thank you!

You don’t get priority tender tickets. When you check in on the first day to pick your cabana you will be given a excursion certificate and paperwork that tells you what time to meet on the day you are at HMC. On that day you meet at the designated venue usually the theater at the specified time. This is where everyone meets that have excursions or priority tender. They will call you by excursions and as a group you board the first tender to the island. You show your excursion certificate as you get on the tender. The people in your group just follow with you. They will not worry about counting how many people are with you. They will just guide you on the tender. 

We just rented a villa in Half Moon Cay in March. It's supposed to be a max of 8 people but we had 12.  They only gave us drinks for 8 people, there were only 6 floaters and some snorkel gear (never counted how many). No one ever questioned how many people we had, we were fine. The majority of the people only used the villa for the bathroom and/or the hot tub for a period of time. We never felt like we were too crowded in the villa as the majority of our group were in the water or on the loungers outside the villa. I would never "pay" for extra people. You are paying for the accommodation, how you choose to use it (without trashing it) is up to you.