EZAir Question

chamima

If we book coach flights on EZAir (Delta) can we use miles to upgrade to Economy Comfort or Business class?

There didn't seem to be any way to book either of those directly through Princess.

Thanks all!

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

If we book coach flights on EZAir (Delta) can we use miles to upgrade to Economy Comfort or Business class?

There didn't seem to be any way to book either of those directly through Princess.

Thanks all!

Good question. I think the answer might be that once the flight is ticketed and paid for then you could do this directly through the airline.

Are you sure that Princess didn't offer you a way to book business or Comfort?

They have had those options on other flights but you have to tell the web site that you are looking for those seats. I'd call if you cannot see it on the web site.

26 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Are you sure that Princess didn't offer you a way to book business or Comfort?

They have had those options on other flights but you have to tell the web site that you are looking for those seats. I'd call if you cannot see it on the web site.

Yes, those options are offered at a cost. But, the OP wants to use frequent flyer miles to upgrade. That is not offered.

OP said she didn't see the options to book business or comfort on the web site.

That's why I suggested calling.

I agree that once the ticket is paid for you call Delta and see about using points to upgrade.

You cannot use points to upgrade from a site other than Delta itself.

4 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes, those options are offered at a cost. But, the OP wants to use frequent flyer miles to upgrade. That is not offered.

I didn't even see that available.

It said something like " for upgrades call the airline"

Just went back into my booking and there is no option for Economy Comfort or Business - just Coach.

51 minutes ago, skynight said:

Good question. I think the answer might be that once the flight is ticketed and paid for then you could do this directly through the airline.

That brings up a second question.

Since I booked flexible fare - is there any way to pay BEFORE the final pay date so the flight shows to the airline as paid?

Yes, the option is offered at the start of the EZ Air booking process. There are drop down boxes in the area above the city/dates areas that you can change, one of those is Class of Service, it is pre-selected to Economy, you can drop it down and select a different class of service.

As you are booked Flexible, you can now go in to your reservation and click the Change/Modify flights button and change the class to Prem Econ, and then to Business, and compare rates. If you find something you like, go through the process and change your current flights to the new flights.

And yes, you can call Princess and pay for your air and have them ticket your current Economy holding in Flexible Air, this then becomes Restricted Air and is fully ticketed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

Yes, the option is offered at the start of the EZ Air booking process. There are drop down boxes in the area above the city/dates areas that you can change, one of those is Class of Service, it is pre-selected to Economy, you can drop it down and select a different class of service.

As you are booked Flexible, you can now go in to your reservation and click the Change/Modify flights button and change the class to Prem Econ, and then to Business, and compare rates. If you find something you like, go through the process and change your current flights to the new flights.

And yes, you can call Princess and pay for your air and have them ticket your current Economy holding in Flexible Air, this then becomes Restricted Air and is fully ticketed. 

THANK YOU!!!!

1 hour ago, chamima said:

That brings up a second question.

Since I booked flexible fare - is there any way to pay BEFORE the final pay date so the flight shows to the airline as paid?

I am a Delta Diamond. There is no need to pay an EZAir Flex fare at anytime before final payment is due to Princess. Once you book EZAir, and before payment, you can go to Delta.com and your DL PNR will show (this is a different 6 digit/character from the EZAir PNR) and you can proceed to choose your seats.

One Question for you. Is this a domestic or international flight? If domestic you should be able to upgrade to Comfort+ or First using Skymiles. If international, maybe possible to Premium Select, but no buy with miles Delta One upgrades are permitted

10 minutes ago, redrightreturning said:

I am a Delta Diamond. There is no need to pay an EZAir Flex fare at anytime before final payment is due to Princess. Once you book EZAir, and before payment, you can go to Delta.com and your DL PNR will show (this is a different 6 digit/character from the EZAir PNR) and you can proceed to choose your seats.

One Question for you. Is this a domestic or international flight? If domestic you should be able to upgrade to Comfort+ or First using Skymiles. If international, maybe possible to Premium Select, but no buy with miles Delta One upgrades are permitted

If you book a coach seat on EZAir, when you go into your Delta account the Business and Economy Comfort seats show as unavailable. (I know because I tried it). If the fare is paid (rather than just "held" as they are when using EZAir) then the other seats show up.

The reason to pay the Flex fare early would be to get a good Comfort or Business seat selection  (using Skymiles)  rather than waiting close to the flight when the selection wouldn't be as good.

The flight is domestic.

Because of all the good advice on here I was able to find that little button that allowed me to book really good Economy Comfort seats for my flight on EZAir.   😁

Edited by chamima

10 minutes ago, chamima said:

Because of all the good advice on here I was able to find that little button that allowed me to book really good Economy Comfort seats for my flight on EZAir.   😁

Awesome. It is often overlooked, so I'm glad I could help. Happy travels!

• Like 1