new activity on Marina

LHT28

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Antarctica in June - really? What cruise line?

My mistake.  Meant to say NY. to London.   And the weather was pretty good.  No snow.   

13 minutes ago, melody hounddog said:

Just plastic straws are banned here in San Diego. It would be silly to ban ALL straws. Plastic bags are banned here too. Not ALL bags. 

You had written "straws are banned."  Just clarifying.

6 minutes ago, RJB said:

Maybe it is time to ban Canada. 

I'm guessing you're being cute but just in case, do you have a problem with banning plastic?  Especially for people who cruise I would think it would be dang near unanimous in favor of bans.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clo said:

I'm guessing you're being cute but just in case, do you have a problem with banning plastic?  Especially for people who cruise I would think it would be dang near unanimous in favor of bans.

Just your opinion.  I would think not.  Most people do not understand that plastic in the ocean does not come from straws.  Too bad if they are so mis informed. 

1 minute ago, RJB said:

Just your opinion.  I would think not.  Most people do not understand that plastic in the ocean does not come from straws.  Too bad if they are so mis informed. 

So if you personally can't solve all the problem then there's no reason to do anything?

Here's a pic from a somewhat divey Mexican place that we frequent.  Paper.  There are also straws that you'd almost swear are plastic but they're compostable.

20190502_124936 - Edited.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, clo said:

So if you personally can't solve all the problem then there's no reason to do anything?

Here's a pic from a somewhat divey Mexican place that we frequent.  Paper.  There are also straws that you'd almost swear are plastic but they're compostable.

20190502_124936 - Edited.jpg

Maybe there is no problem, just a made up one.  Has been done before. 

1 hour ago, shank63 said:

The paper straws on O are unacceptable.  It has forced me to change from gin & tonic to martinis.

So do people actually drink a cocktail with a straw?  I rarely use straws anyway but I would never with an "adult beverage."  Goes down too fast!

• Like 1