Coach from Southampton

Tonyrefail1

Hi. Planning a trip from NZ so all info is greatly appreciated.

We are doing 19nts on Arcadia in Oct and dock in Southampton at 6.30am.

Looking at booking National Express coach to Heathrow at 9.30am-does this give me enough time ?

Thanks

You would need to self disembark, which effectively means carry your own cases and you should be off by 8.

The coach station is a 5-10 minute taxi ride away and the process there is very quick.

Taxis are usually queuing up outside the terminal, so you should have no trouble with getting one.

So, yes, it is doable.

Have a fantastic time

Andy

I agree that is doable if you self disembark but personally, I would book a slightly later one.We often travel to/from Southampton by train and we tend to book a train after 10 am, even if self disembarking because occasionally there are delays- last cruise we were on I think there was a problem in the luggage hall and we only just caught our train at 12 15! (We had chosen not to self disembark which definitely slows things down)

5 hours ago, Tonyrefail1 said:

Hi. Planning a trip from NZ so all info is greatly appreciated.

We are doing 19nts on Arcadia in Oct and dock in Southampton at 6.30am.

Looking at booking National Express coach to Heathrow at 9.30am-does this give me enough time ?

Thanks

We always self disembark and use a local taxi company Radio Taxis.

They will text you the taxi registration number and car type.

I ring once we get off the ship which then allows us 10-15 minutes to get outside.

In our experience we have only ever had 1 late arrival in 20+ Southampton sailings but like others have said book a coach for around 10-10.30 and it gives you time for a relaxing breakfast on board before departing.

Our friend who sails with us always gets the National Express to London after our cruise.  Usually 0950.  We self disembark and usually off the ship by 0830.  We drive her to the coach station and are always early, so you should be fine.