Cost of Royal's Rome shuttle?

• Clarea changed the title to Cost of Royal's Rome shuttle?
9 hours ago, cruisergrandma said:

Thank you! Where did you find that information? I can not find it on the website and got no response when I emailed Royal Caribbean.

It is listed in our cruise planner for excursions.  They just transport you to Rome, drop you off to explore on your own for 5 hours, then transport you back.

It is not the excursion we are doing, but it is listed.

I am just home of the Jewel TA that ended in Civitavecchia two days ago. I never saw what you are looking for in my cruise planner. They had tours of Rome, ending at the airport, which was around $159 as I recall. We opted to join a group doing a private van service from the port to FCO. We had an evening fight so we stored our bags at the airport and went to Ostia Antica by Uber. It could be that we missed the option for direct transfer as we booked late.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It is listed in our cruise planner for excursions.  They just transport you to Rome, drop you off to explore on your own for 5 hours, then transport you back.

It is not the excursion we are doing, but it is listed.

I saw that excursion but, I thought there was a shuttle that ran every so often and you could decide when to return to ship. My first time to Rome but, I thought I had seen a shuttle mentioned on this site. I could be wrong. So, there is no way to get back and forth unless you book an excursion?

2 minutes ago, cruisergrandma said:

I saw that excursion but, I thought there was a shuttle that ran every so often and you could decide when to return to ship. My first time to Rome but, I thought I had seen a shuttle mentioned on this site. I could be wrong. So, there is no way to get back and forth unless you book an excursion?

You could arrange transport on your own.  Some take the train, some take a car service.

Check out options on the port of call forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

We used Bob's limo (private car service). They were sitting waiting at the port, got us out quickly and were fabulous. There were five of us and the cost ended up being less than RC and SO much better. Love it and would highly recommend them. We've used them twice.

15 minutes ago, griffy116 said:

We used Bob's limo (private car service). They were sitting waiting at the port, got us out quickly and were fabulous. There were five of us and the cost ended up being less than RC and SO much better. Love it and would highly recommend them. We've used them twice.

I will check them out. Thanks.

6 hours ago, cruisergrandma said:

I will check them out. Thanks.

We have also used Bob'S limo several times and recommend them.  The drive from the port to the city is about a hour with no traffic.  We have also done the Royal excursion shuttle to Rome,  just one time there and one time back, about a 6 hour visit.