Your time dining

mike91911

We decided to go with your time dining on our upcoming cruise because

1. early dining was unavailable

2. it's  easier with the 3 kids

What I always liked about the assigned dinner time was having the same waiters.  They got to know us and always interacted with the kids.  Talked about their kids, their country and culture.  My question, if we found waiters we really liked is it possible to request the same waiters with your time dining every night?  For the record I don't doubt that we'll have great service no matter who we get because that has always been our experience.  

Yes you can,remember though that getting them may depend on what time you decide to eat and if there are places available in their area. I found that getting to dinner early at about the same time i was most often seated in the same area every night. 

You can always request the same servers in ATD.  May or may not mean you will have to wait longer to get a table but worth a try.  Sometimes you may get a better team if you get something different.  I have always found the servers in  Assigned Dinner Times were very much superior.

We've noticed that they tend to try to seat you in the same area.  Once, we weren't thrilled with our waitstaff, so we requested a different area and stayed in that area the rest of the cruise.  They will let you know if there is a wait for your preferred area & leave it up to you as to whether you want to try a new area or wait for your same area as the night before.

4 hours ago, IPlayWithString said:

Yup...this is the experience we've had. If we like our waitstaff the first night, we request to be seated in their section every night and we usually are.

Same here.  We sat in the same section - literally the same table - each night.  Loved it!

13 hours ago, mexicobob said:

I have always found the servers in  Assigned Dinner Times were very much superior.

We had an amazing team with YTD. Same team, same table, and the same excellent service. 

5 hours ago, pe4all said:

Same here.  We sat in the same section - literally the same table - each night.  Loved it!

On our last cruise, we happened to run into a waitress we knew from a previous cruise who was working the lido buffet during lunch. She was SO happy to see us and we had a table in her section where she brought us extra entrees and stuff every night she thought we'd like. It was kind of cool. And she had our son's order (which she remembered from our previous cruise which had been like over a year before!!!) because he's autistic and orders the SAME THING every night without fail or change (hot dog, coleslaw and fries with milk).