Bartering Excursion Credits

ksorge17

5 hours ago, fourofakind said:

Yeah this is one of those promotions that we don't get to use very often and most of the time it goes to waste. The thing that urks me the most is when you only have 1 port (Bermuda) They give you three $50.00 credits total but you can't combine them you must use them on 3 different days. Bummer.

There is a way to get a little OBC from them if you book cheap excursions (almost impossible I know lol). No matter the cost of the excursion once it's complete they will give you the $50.00 credit so let says you book a transfer for $30.00 you would get an extra $20.00 credited to your account. I was surprised they did this but it must be automated or something. I booked a clam shell for $40.00 at GSC and they gave me the full $50.00 credit so I made $10.00 on the deal. Hardly anything to get excited about but to answer your question yes technically you could get yourself a couple dollars if you book the right excursions.

This wasn't the case on Jade. If excursions were less than $50 the credit was capped at the excursion cost, consistent with the terms of the promotion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blcruising said:

This wasn't the case on Jade. If excursions were less than $50 the credit was capped at the excursion cost, consistent with the terms of the promotion.

For reasons I can't explain I've had it done both ways, capped at the excursion cost and $50 flat  even though the cost was less than $50 on my last cruise. I can't conjure up any reason for it other than some foul up in the shore excursion office. 

Edited by njhorseman

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No. You have to COMPLETE a NCL excursion to get credit AFTER You complete the excursion UP TO $50. 

FYI on our most recent cruise we made  a last minute (morning of ) decision not to take one excursion and we received the $50 credit even though we never completed the excursion. Obviously we did pay for it as we were well beyond the cancellation deadline.

I'm not sure if I should piggy-back my question here, or start a new topic. I'll try here first. I understand that excursion credit is applied to the on board account, after the excursion has been completed. But, it seems like I read that the disembarkation point is also considered a port, and you can book excursions for that port also. How would that credit be handled?

16 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I've also tried it unsuccessfully. 

If you want people to answer your future questions  you might want to drop your nasty attitude level a couple of notches. No one was trolling your post, they were trying to be helpful even if they didn't provide the exact answer or wording you were looking for.

100% AGREE WITH YOU! Always amazes me that people can have such an attitude, notwithstanding the fact that others are trying to help them!

19 hours ago, www3traveler said:

NO  Shore Excursion credits are only for Shore Excursions and ONLY after you have taken the excursion.

The Shore Excursion Credit is per port and CAN NOT be added together. 

Exactly: the credit shows up after the tour has been taken .

AS for rudeness, it seems we are seeing more of this lately. It is to bad people do such attitudes.