Booking using CruiseNext. Please help!

camz09

Hi there, we were on a cruise on NCL in 2015. We bought a CruiseNext deposit at the time. We just realised it's expiring this year and looking to book a cruise, preferably Eastern Mediterranean. 

Our deposit is worth 2x £165 (to use until Nov 15, 2019) There's 2 of us going on a cruise. Have read the T&C briefly but am I right in understanding we can only use one of those £165 worth in one stateroom? Does that mean it's better to have separate rooms and use each of them separately per passenger? I saw there's an exception that allows us to use both if we're booking a Balcony or higher, but I have to see first if that works out cheaper. Feel free to help clear up things for any of you that have experience booking with a CruiseNext deposit. Thanks!!

You can use two CruiseNext deposits to book a balcony usually, but it will almost never be cheaper to book two rooms just to use up the other deposit. 

You can look to sell the extra deposit on here on online elsewhere.  They have a market if you price it right.

Thanks for all your responses. I guess I'll have a talk with an NCL rep for booking.. does anyone know the rules on the dates expiring, if it says "up to Nov 15,2019" does that mean the start and end the of cruise date should be before it or can I book a sailing on or before Nov 15 but it ends beyond that date (7-14 day cruise..Nov 22,etc)??

40 minutes ago, camz09 said:

Thanks for all your responses. I guess I'll have a talk with an NCL rep for booking.. does anyone know the rules on the dates expiring, if it says "up to Nov 15,2019" does that mean the start and end the of cruise date should be before it or can I book a sailing on or before Nov 15 but it ends beyond that date (7-14 day cruise..Nov 22,etc)??

I was able to book a transatlantice cruise before the certificate end date for a sailing that left after the expiration date.

11 hours ago, dgreeney said:

Where can I buy a nextcruise deposit from someone?

EBay is a great place to sell or barter the Cruise Next Certificates.

Both Seller and Buyer have PayPal accounts and Latitudes Rewards.

The process is fast and simple.

The face value is not changed but the negotiated price is determined

between the parties.

PayPal Bank accounts payment is fee free if using a Credit Card then

a small transaction fee may occur. The transfer between Latitudes

accounts is free - the seller does all the work after receiving a form

or payment from the buyer. A phone call to NCL and done deal.

Other methods maybe time consuming and not as secure.

I recently bought two $250 certificates for $200 ($100 each) what a

deal a savings of $300. The certificates purchased have enough time

left before expiration to consider a host of options or as gifts to relatives

and friends for their cruises.

Some bookings and some markets allow the use of two certificates at

a time.

Suggestion make the price advantageous and the certificates are sure

to be sold quickly - don't expect to get the face value - most everyone

knows that you did not pay that much and got the certificates for a

big discount with OBC included.

Bear in mind that there are now two types of Next Cruise Certificates

- the conventional ones that have been around for awhile and the

Haven types specifically for use in booking a suite with a reduced

down payment benefit.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:25 PM, camz09 said:

the cruise should be ended before the expiration date, but if you call and it is only a matter of a day or so, NCL might allow an extention

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, camz09 said:

Here are the particulars for the Cruise Next program:

Cruise Next info:

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

xxx

Terms and Conditions

https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms?hide_hf=true

#7 T&C applies to 4 year rule

7. All CNDs (including Haven and Lite options) are valid for new reservations that book and sail within 4 years from purchase date. CNDs become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture of your CND(s). Not applicable towards existing reservations.

It is not defined exactly that the cruise must be finished - done - completed before Cinderella's carriage (ship) turns back

into a pumpkin - only that the sailing must commence within 4 years - but best to call NCL and be safe !

Get an answer you feel is not quite right - call back for a second opinion answer from perhaps a supervisor/manager.

Definitely take advantage of the DoubleUP promotion - that's much better than booking 2 cabins.

On expiration - ours expired on 5/7, but the cruise I wanted didn't start until 5/23 - when I called Norwegian, they waived the expiration date and let me use the certs on the cruise I wanted.  The caveat was that if I canceled or changed the sailing, I would lose the credits.  Not an issue for me, but definitely something to keep in mind.