Concierge level ament.

chuckcarole

I can't find the answer to my DH question, he wants to bring DVD's with us to play in our cabin, but, I can't find if we have a DVD player in Concierge class,   anyone know?  thanks, you guys always have the answers

6 hours ago, chuckcarole said:

I can't find the answer to my DH question, he wants to bring DVD's with us to play in our cabin, but, I can't find if we have a DVD player in Concierge class,   anyone know?  thanks, you guys always have the answers

Right now, the short answer is that there is no answer. Each O ship and different cabins within that ship (even including different cabins in the same class) may or may not have a DVD player

1) in the TV (mostly, if not totally, gone now),

2) next to the TV or

3) available for loan from Guest Services.

My specific B cabin may have a DVD player while your A cabin may not (forcing you to borrow one (if available). It's that simple. 

The R ships are going through the NEXT makeover in a scheduled order over the next year or do (I know that Insignia has already been done) and they are supposed to emerge with "On Demand" programming. So, the only DVD player available on NEXT ships may be a loaner. Prior to NEXT, the old setup has three channels of 24/7 movies (including new, old, indie, et al.) and the DVD lending library gas her greatly reduced. Finally, given NEXT, don't count on DVDs having snybimportance in the pecking order.

Whatever the case, let's hope that any actual new TVs are better than the View Sonic monitors that were being used to replace dead or dying sets in cabins. The View Sonics have the worst sound quality I've ever heard and could ruin your viewing of those movies brought aboard. 

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Yes  a DVD player is in every r and O ship I have been on. in ALL classes from inside to PH...and  they have a huge selection of like 300 different titles

I have seen no change.....

Edited by Hawaiidan

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Yes  a DVD player is in every r and O ship I have been on. in ALL classes from inside to PH...and  they have a huge selection of like 300 different titles

I have seen no change.....

Don't know how long it's been since your last O cruise but, each ship does not have the same setup in every cabin (even within a cabin class). As recently as last month on Sirena, some cabins would need to borrow the DVD from guest services. TV sets vary and remotes are mismatched (though having basic functionality). And the "hundreds of DVD" library is a thing of the past. On Sirena, the collection was down to only about 100+\-.

Bottom line is that everything old seems to be phasing out as the in-cabin AV is moving to "on demand."

• Like 1