Captain's Dinner on 8 day - Magic

july2012

Hello,

Trying to figure out when the Captain's dinner would take place?

8 day cruise, 3 sea days. 

1 sea day is 4 day of the cruise

2 seas day the last 2 days of the cruise.

I'm thinking it would be that 1st sea day?

Does any one know or have the last week's Magic Fun times.

Cruise date is 5/25

Thanks

You will have two elegant nights during this cruise.  The first one is normally the second day (whether it is port or sea day doesn't matter).  The second is normally the next to last day.  The evening with the Captain's reception is the first elegant night.

Is that the question the OP wanted to pose?  When dress up or not night is taking place?  I misjudged then.

In 40 Carnival cruises, we were only invited to dinner with the Captain and officers once (and I don't think it was an elegant night).  We  have had several Captain's Diamond brunches and cocktail parties for loyalty appreciation.

In another post I ridiculed the idea of given P&D's the discontinued Carnival pen or a lanyard as a gift.  I do realize their are other loyalty perks that mean more, and it isn't the chocolate strawberries.  Priority boarding and disembarkation and unlimited laundry are great Diamond perks.

27 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Is that the question the OP wanted to pose?  When dress up or not night is taking place?  I misjudged then.

In 40 Carnival cruises, we were only invited to dinner with the Captain and officers once (and I don't think it was an elegant night).  We  have had several Captain's Diamond brunches and cocktail parties for loyalty appreciation.

I believe so, given that OP asked about the Fun Times.  I've also seen the term "Captain's Dinner" a lot in recent weeks, all referring to elegant night.

8 hours ago, july2012 said:

Hello,

Trying to figure out when the Captain's dinner would take place?

8 day cruise, 3 sea days. 

1 sea day is 4 day of the cruise

2 seas day the last 2 days of the cruise.

I'm thinking it would be that 1st sea day?

Does any one know or have the last week's Magic Fun times.

Cruise date is 5/25

Thanks

Hard to tell for sure. Probably first sea day but could be the second one.

To clarify, not sure of the exact name. But asking about the "formal" night dinners. I thought it was called Captains Dinner?

The night most or some dress up, all the photographers are out with the back grounds for pictures....

Thanks for all your replies

38 minutes ago, july2012 said:

To clarify, not sure of the exact name. But asking about the "formal" night dinners. I thought it was called Captains Dinner?

The night most or some dress up, all the photographers are out with the back grounds for pictures....

Thanks for all your replies

They are called Elegant Nights or Elegant Evenings now.  No more "formal" or "Captain's dinners."  See post #4 for my previous response.