Pre-ordered allergy meals in MDR, can you get them "to go"?

My daughter (8) has celiac disease.  We've been on the Grandeur twice and made it to the MDR for dinner every night where we followed the typical protocol of ordering her gluten-free dinner for the next night.

We're heading on the Jewel in June and given the intense European itinerary, I'm skeptical that we'll want to get dressed up every night and go for a long meal in the MDR.  I'd love the flexibility of a last-minute Windjammer dinner on some nights that we're exhausted.  I know that they can make her safe food in WJ in the back, but it would be great if we could get that pre-ordered dinner from the MDR for her because:

1. The chef will have gone through the effort of getting it prepped and;

2. It will probably be more delicious than the hot dog she normally gets in the WJ  :classic_biggrin:.

Has anyone with dietary restrictions ever had luck with this process?  If so, do you ask one of the head waiters in WJ to help you? (the people you would normally ask for safe food from the back of WJ)  Do you talk to the maître de in the MDR before you head up to the WJ?

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I would contact special_needs@rccl.com and ask them if this is possible.

While that sounds like a good idea, their knowledge of protocols on the actual ships has been very minimal, at best.  They have canned answers they send you on topics such as these that usually end with "and check with someone on the ship."  Thanks for the reply, though.  :classic_biggrin:

I believe you can do this on NCL, any pre-ordered meal can be delivered to any food venue, and both lines have dedicated allergy kitchens. We ate breakfast in the buffet every morning, and her breakfast, ordered the night before, was delivered to our table. With cross contamination a real issue in the buffet, I can’t imagine that they won’t deliver her meal there.

13 minutes ago, CruiseMelissa said:

While that sounds like a good idea, their knowledge of protocols on the actual ships has been very minimal, at best.  They have canned answers they send you on topics such as these that usually end with "and check with someone on the ship."  Thanks for the reply, though.  :classic_biggrin:

Special Needs can normally put you into contact with the appropriate people on the ship.

When you arrive at the Windjammer for dinner, talk to one of the supervisors and tell them there is a special meal for your daughter.

Someone will be sent to obtain the food and deliver it to you in the Windjammer. Be prepared for a wait for the food.  The rest of you may be finished before her meal arrives.

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

When you arrive at the Windjammer for dinner, talk to one of the supervisors and tell them there is a special meal for your daughter.

Someone will be sent to obtain the food and deliver it to you in the Windjammer. Be prepared for a wait for the food.  The rest of you may be finished before her meal arrives.

So one can’t just call ahead?

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Special Needs can normally put you into contact with the appropriate people on the ship.

I just got off the phone with Special Needs for someone sailing on the Allure whose son has multiple food allergies.  I pretty much begged for a contact on the ship for her as she needs to know ingredients of the foods her son eats and was told, "no" - that she had to address this on board.  They did put the info into their reservation, though.  If anyone has an idea how she can contact the on board folks who could help her, I'd be really appreciative. Thanks.

Linda