Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

22 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

This is also Royal Caribbean and not Celebrity so one has to expect the major focus will be more towards family. 

Not major focus, but singular focus on kids, if all the leaked plans are true.  As much as I like Royal and especially Oasis class, this will have a lot of us seriously looking at more Celebrity Edge class cruises in the future.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheHawk1 said:

Not major focus, but singular focus on kids, if all the leaked plans are true.  As much as I like Royal and especially Oasis class, this will have a lot of us seriously looking at more Celebrity Edge class cruises in the future.

True and we have switched to Celebrity years ago just for that reason.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Have u seen the deckplans? How about chill Island and the outdoor pool just for adults? Also they have put the kids pool far away in the boardwalk area

Edited by Cruiscs

1 minute ago, Annefran said:

So excited for tomorrow's reveal.  I cannot wait to see the deck plans, cabins, venues etc.  Is it at 8 or 11am?  I have seen both times.

I posted a zip file with all the deckplans and some cabin photos.  You just have to download and extract the files.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

From what I have seen it’s not that different from the Oasis class ( a lot of shifting things around) but at least they’re adding a dedicated suite space as there seems to be a lot of suites on this new ship. I wonder if they will make this space strictly for “suite guests” only as Celebrity has done due to space limitations in the Retreat? 

9 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

Have u seen the deckplans? How about chill Island and the outdoor pool just for adults? Also they have put the kids pool far away in the boardwalk area

How about "largest waterpark at sea"... I'm sure the screams will be heard from one end of the ship to the other.  How about what looks like a reduced size for the Solarium, one of the few adult only areas? Doesn't give me a lot of confidence in being able to find any peaceful areas to chill out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

How about "largest waterpark at sea"... I'm sure the screams will be heard from one end of the ship to the other.  How about what looks like a reduced size for the Solarium, one of the few adult only areas? Doesn't give me a lot of confidence in being able to find any peaceful areas to chill out.

You should try a different cruise line or one of the older Royal ships if you're looking to have a more peaceful experience.  The fact of the matter is Royal is trying to position themselves better as a family cruise line and they are definitely pushing hard on that with this new ship class it appears. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

They have added another adult area called Cloud 17

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

From what I have seen it’s not that different from the Oasis class ( a lot of shifting things around) but at least they’re adding a dedicated suite space as there seems to be a lot of suites on this new ship. I wonder if they will make this space strictly for “suite guests” only as Celebrity has done due to space limitations in the Retreat? 

I think Icon has some huge changes compared to Oasis class. The whole redesigned pool/sports deck has a better connection to the sea, with outward facing pools and great aft views. Also, the Royal Promenade now looks to be over 2 levels, similar to Quantum class, while still incorporating some of the most loved venues amongst their fleet. Wonder was the first ship to incorporate a suite neighbourhood, similar to ‘The Retreat’ on Celebrity, while Icon is an evolution of this and now includes ‘The Grove’ sun deck, snack bar and private pool area.

My first reaction to seeing all the images and deck plans was "Wow, that is a lot going on". but the more I look at them the more it is growing on me. My random thoughts:

• I like how they moved Splashaway bay to the back of Deck 7. Deck 7 will be "Families with small kids", while pools on Deck 15 will be families with older children.
  • Love the large circular elevator bank design
  • Love the escalators
  • Love the 360-degree Absolute Zero, finally time they changed things up from StudioB
  • Interesting that the fitness center and Spa are no longer co-located
  • Is this the first ship to move Sorrento's to the port side?
  • Still cant wait to see what the Pearl is, but it takes up a considerable amount of space from decks 5-9.
  • They moved a LOT of stuff to the 2nd floor of the Promenade, like Giovanni's. Deck 6 seems to the be the strangest one to me. Lots of narrow corridors, and Playmakers seems to be placed wherever they found room. UNLESS...right above it on Deck 7 is a yet un-named dining place, could this be a 2-story Playmakers??? That would be awesome!
  • Central Park, only deck 14 appears to have balconies, I assume most of central park is now infinite verandas?
  • The strange partial deck overlapping seems strange at first, but logically it could be genius! Seems like it creates a lot of shade while still being very open. All the loungers on Royal Bay pool are under Deck 17, but the pool is Deck 15. That is a 2-story ceiling. Cove pool also has all the seating surroundign the pool under an overhang. Lots of Shaded pool areas here.
  • I sort of like what they did with Cloud17, an adult only pool deck, but only 1 hot tub and too close to the smoking area.
  • Is Coastal kitchen now 2 decks? Its on Deck 17 but an un-named restaurant is above it on 18. Seems odd there would be 2 separate Concierge restaurants.
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I think Icon has some huge changes compared to Oasis class. The whole redesigned pool/sports deck has a better connection to the sea, with outward facing pools and great aft views. Also, the Royal Promenade now looks to be over 2 levels, similar to Quantum class, while still incorporating some of the most loved venues amongst their fleet. Wonder was the first ship to incorporate a suite neighbourhood, similar to ‘The Retreat’ on Celebrity, while Icon is an evolution of this and now includes ‘The Grove’ sun deck, snack bar and private pool area.

That’s fine. We just see things differently. For me it’s not that different. It will definitely keep Royal as the leader of pushing the envelope with design versus their competitors.  🙂