Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Just now, thebigrooster said:

Sorry, I wasn't very specific.  We're not going until March 30 so its not in my app yet.  Just wondering the entertainment schedule from someone going sooner as I'm a hyper-planner.  🙂  Thanks!

Not sure if you have ever noticed but you can pull up on the app any ship and date you want so you can look at the January 27th if you want.  Do understand that things can and probably will change by March 30th.   

Hope you enjoy the Icon.  March 30th may seem far off but it will be here soon!

2 hours ago, SUgwoz said:

Video of a Oceanview Balcony room.  Aside from an abundance of USB ports, the shower space IMO seems to be a good improvement.

I saw that shower and bathroom and hope that the bathroom is the new norm for new builds!

• Like 1

The suite deck and Coastal Kitchen lounge look uninspiring compared to Wonder of the Seas. It really looks like RC cut corners both in furnishings along with the venue size and layout. Take for instance the lounge, it's like an afterthought - a sitting area attached to the bar with no ocean views, even the furniture looks cheap. The suite sundeck has a very small pool (compared to in water loungers on Wonder) again with cheap looking furniture. The only argument you might make is that the proximity of the suites to Swim and Tonic and Cloud 17, would suggest that RC assumes suite guests will claim these spaces as their own "suite space" before the rest of the guests on the ship make their way up to those decks, and therefore put little effort into a dedicated suite space. The Coastal Kitchen itself looks pretty decent, almost like a mini-main dining room, I guess if you time it right you can catch the aqua dome show while having dinner.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I wouldn't pay the premium for a suite, least not on Icon. Very disappointing how they cut so many corners here.

• Like 1

The ship looks absolutely stunning, LOVE the posted video Matt did on Royal Caribbean Blog (I’ve watched it twice). There are so many amazing dining restaurants, bars, lounges, eateries, entertainment venues, and places just to hang out. It’s mind-blowing. I’d spend a week just taking pictures! For someone who has zero desire to sail her, I seriously have to stop watching ICON stuff because I keep checking the prices just to see if I want to cancel my 16-night Panama Canal cruise. Focus, stay with Princess Cruises, I need to focus! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not sure if you have ever noticed but you can pull up on the app any ship and date you want so you can look at the January 27th if you want.  Do understand that things can and probably will change by March 30th.   

I did not know that!  Thank you for the tip!  Totally understand things can change...just wanted to get an idea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is a great way to see scheduling hours for different venues/activities.  Example seeing that the waterslides is open till 9pm and Cloud 17 pool open till 11pm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jcol5786 said:

After watching some of the videos ICON looks very nice however I didn't see a Solarium. Does she have an adult only lounge area for all adult guests? 

He stated in the video that there was no "Solarium" on the ship.  I believe the adult area is on the side of the ship, not enclosed.  

A key point made in a news article today, Cloud 17 and The Hideaway have switched purposes. The Hideaway is now adults only, while Cloud 17 is open to everyone. RCI say that some of the reasons were:

- The naming of ‘Hideaway Beach’ at PDCC - keeping ‘Hideaway’ branding consistent.

- It no longer made sense to have prime real estate closed off to families, especially as Icon offers the ‘Ultimate Family Vacation’. (This confuses me, as it sure made sense over the past few years 🤔).

In my eyes, they can better promote ‘The Hideaway’ as a beach club vibe, if it’s adults-only. Also, paid-for loungers and daybeds may appeal more towards those that would usually buy a cabana, but looking for adults only. As always though, many will be disappointed with the change. Just to add, it wouldn’t surprise me if ‘The Hideaway’ as a whole became an added-cost eventually, you know…. To keep it consistent. 😂

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

31 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

A key point made in a news article today, Cloud 17 and The Hideaway have switched purposes. The Hideaway is now adults only, while Cloud 17 is open to everyone. RCI say that some of the reasons were:

- The naming of ‘Hideaway Beach’ at PDCC - keeping ‘Hideaway’ branding consistent.

- It no longer made sense to have prime real estate closed off to families, especially as Icon offers the ‘Ultimate Family Vacation’. (This confuses me, as it sure made sense over the past few years 🤔).

In my eyes, they can better promote ‘The Hideaway’ as a beach club vibe, if it’s adults-only. Also, paid-for loungers and daybeds may appeal more towards those that would usually buy a cabana, but looking for adults only. As always though, many will be disappointed with the change. Just to add, it wouldn’t surprise me if ‘The Hideaway’ as a whole became an added-cost eventually, you know…. To keep it consistent. 😂

Either this news article is wrong or Royal hasn’t updated that on their website since it still shows Cloud 17 as an adults only pool. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Newcruiser215 said:

Either this news article is wrong or Royal hasn’t updated that on their website since it still shows Cloud 17 as an adults only pool. 

I’m going with the fact that Royal haven’t updated their website. We all know how there IT department work! 🙄

It was a Cruise Critic news article that quoted RCI’s Chief Innovation Officer, Jay Schneider, during a press trip yesterday. I would think that this is pretty reliable. 

2 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I’m going with the fact that Royal haven’t updated their website. We all know how there IT department work! 🙄

It was a Cruise Critic news article that quoted RCI’s Chief Innovation Officer, Jay Schneider, during a press trip yesterday. I would think that this is pretty reliable. 

The reality is that here will NOT be an adult only pool on Icon, who's going to enforce that? The ship was designed with families and kids in mind, if you're traveling as a couple during any period when school is out, you're going to be out numbered with kids. Families are going to want to be together on the ship, that means kids stopping in and out of whatever pool their parents might be using. 

6 hours ago, cr2000 said:

The reality is that here will NOT be an adult only pool on Icon, who's going to enforce that? The ship was designed with families and kids in mind, if you're traveling as a couple during any period when school is out, you're going to be out numbered with kids. Families are going to want to be together on the ship, that means kids stopping in and out of whatever pool their parents might be using. 

What?  So kids should be able to roam free even through stated adult areas? 

15 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

Anyone know what time ICON is scheduled to arrive at the Miami ship channel entrance tomorrow morning?

Today’s track had ICON arriving at the entrance to the ship channel at 2:15am and at the turning basin at 3am with four ships coming in behind her. 

IMG_2888.jpeg

She does look good. Will be watching the onboard reviews with interest. Having seen the vids and pics on here and deck plans i am questioning the amount of open deck space. Seems a lot of covered areas around the deck, esp pool areas. I could be completely wrong tbh. But at the mo i am prefering the oasis area around the pools. 

4 hours ago, JCDCA said:

Reminds me of my experience on the Sovereign of the seas long ago. I'm 21 sitting and having a drink on the last night with my brother who was 27 in the area that a dual piano setup around 10pm (which was a loud upbeat atmosphere and I was my usual quiet conservative self) .  This intoxicated woman in her 30s-40s while walking and looking at me sitting audibly says, "I thought they had curfew for kids", in an obviously perturbed tone.

Some people will look for reasons to be critical. 

Edited by SUgwoz
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JCDCA said:

..supposition and speculation don't hold water.  The whole idea is absurd.  They have had no trouble enforcing "No children under 16" for many years. Cloud 17 was designed for adults only, I don't see that changing.  There is a bar right there and no word sanctioned by RCCL about this speculated "change".  As for the Hideaway pool, there isn't room for kids etc.  There won't be any kids up there, no attraction to them.  They'll either be at the slides or Surfside. As for a Solarium, it looks like the Overlook area is meant to take that place and children certainly would not want to frequent that area even without a pool. Not worried at all.  And again, lots of critical glass half empty folks around and they haven't even been on the ship...sheeeeesh. 

glass half full.half empty.png

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

..supposition and speculation don't hold water.  The whole idea is absurd.  They have had no trouble enforcing "No children under 16" for many years. Cloud 17 was designed for adults only, I don't see that changing.  There is a bar right there and no word sanctioned by RCCL about this speculated "change".  As for the Hideaway pool, there isn't room for kids etc.  There won't be any kids up there, no attraction to them.  They'll either be at the slides or Surfside. As for a Solarium, it looks like the Overlook area is meant to take that place and children certainly would not want to frequent that area even without a pool. Not worried at all.  And again, lots of critical glass half empty folks around and they haven't even been on the ship...sheeeeesh. 

There's video around of the chief information officer noting the change that cloud 17 will no longer be adults only, that has shifted to hideaway.  And logically that makes more sense, as the suite area on 17 is just outside cloud 17. No doubt you'll have kids in that area as they make their way back to their room from the sports court. Regardless, the vast majority of travelers on Icon will be families - school vacation weeks and summer time, so enforcement of adults only areas is simply not going to happen. Icon was never designed for couples/single travelers, it's a family cruise ship (hence the largest waterpark at sea). If you're expecting a relaxing adult only experience, you've selected the wrong RC ship imo.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cr2000 said:

If you're expecting a relaxing adult only experience, you've selected the wrong RC ship imo.

Yes I am and will certainly get it no matter where they designate it.  Doesn't really matter to me where...and didn't you just say Hideaway is now Adult only...duh.  Some people can be extremely rude and presumptuous...never assume.  I am perfectly happy with my "selection".  And I read the article.

• Like 3

Just watched her sail out of Miami on the webcam she looks beautiful at night all lit up. Of course I am biased that is my favorite color on the arch at the back, can't wait to sail her but we don't go until Sept. '25 Ugh counting the days.

On 1/12/2024 at 9:33 PM, cr2000 said:

The suite deck and Coastal Kitchen lounge look uninspiring compared to Wonder of the Seas. It really looks like RC cut corners both in furnishings along with the venue size and layout. Take for instance the lounge, it's like an afterthought - a sitting area attached to the bar with no ocean views, even the furniture looks cheap. The suite sundeck has a very small pool (compared to in water loungers on Wonder) again with cheap looking furniture. The only argument you might make is that the proximity of the suites to Swim and Tonic and Cloud 17, would suggest that RC assumes suite guests will claim these spaces as their own "suite space" before the rest of the guests on the ship make their way up to those decks, and therefore put little effort into a dedicated suite space. The Coastal Kitchen itself looks pretty decent, almost like a mini-main dining room, I guess if you time it right you can catch the aqua dome show while having dinner.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I wouldn't pay the premium for a suite, least not on Icon. Very disappointing how they cut so many corners here.

+100