Best time to arrive at NYC for Departure on the Escape

dhalpert

My wife and I are taking the Norwegian Escape to Bermuda from NYC on May 12.  What is the best time to arrive at the cruise port to minimize embarkation wait time and still have time for lunch before the lifeboat drill?  We are not staying at the Haven.

25 minutes ago, dhalpert said:

My wife and I are taking the Norwegian Escape to Bermuda from NYC on May 12.  What is the best time to arrive at the cruise port to minimize embarkation wait time and still have time for lunch before the lifeboat drill?  We are not staying at the Haven.

The lifeboat drill is normally around 3:30pm. What time does your edocs say to arrive? Are you driving? Parking opens around 9am. Security normally starts between 9:30am-10:00am, then you check it. Boarding for Haven, handicapped begins around 11:00am. If you want to avoid the mad rush at the buffet go to one of the dining rooms which open at noon, the crew tends to steer people to the buffet.

Edited by Laszlo

I've sailed on the Escape out of NYC twice. Getting to the port around 10:30 seems to work well for us. Lines for security and check-in are reasonable and move quickly and you don't have to sit around waiting for too long before boarding begins. I always do lunch at O'Sheehan's on embarkation day. It opens at 11:30.

• Like 1

we usually get there about 10:30 & make our way thru security... bit of a line to check in, but usually by the time we're done with that we don't wait long, or at all, to get on the ship. Have a great cruise, I'll on the ship with you, hoping for beautiful weather. Only 16 more days 🙂 

• Like 2

Savor & Taste on Deck 6 open at noon.  The arrival times suggested above (arrive @1030, etc.) should work well for you.  The MDR (Manhattan Room, Deck 7)  isn't open for lunch on sail-away day, btw.

What Latitudes level are you?  That'll also determine how fast you can get aboard.  Ambassador & both Platinum levels board right after The Haven & handicapped.  After them it's based on what time you arrived.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by tomk3212

5 hours ago, worktocruise610 said:

we usually get there about 10:30 & make our way thru security... bit of a line to check in, but usually by the time we're done with that we don't wait long, or at all, to get on the ship. Have a great cruise, I'll on the ship with you, hoping for beautiful weather. Only 16 more days 🙂 

We will be on board as well 🙂

• Like 1

We show up around 10:15. Take a few minutes to get some photos before heading into the terminal. 

General boarding started by 11:15  a few weeks ago.

The buffet and O’Sheehan’s open at 11:30 for lunch. The main dining room open at noon.

Our live post...

Edited by BirdTravels

16 hours ago, worktocruise610 said:

YAY!!! So excited can't stop thinking about it lol Did you join the roll call? 

Yes, I joined the roll call! Very excited. We were on this ship the week of March 17.  My favorite spot is the Waterfront.

21 minutes ago, luv2cruise523 said:

Yes, I joined the roll call! Very excited. We were on this ship the week of March 17.  My favorite spot is the Waterfront.

Awesome! I was on it in November, also love the Waterfront, a great design idea IMHO. See you soon 🙂 

• Like 1

Another May 12th cruiser here, who also loves the waterfront. Having never been to NYC before, we’re heading into the city early Sunday morning to drive around and stop at Katz Dell for an early lunch /late breakfast.  

• Like 2