NCL Escape best sail away location - which deck?

Treacher1

Which deck is the best area for viewing both port and starboard to see NYC skyline and Statue of Liberty? - both outside weather permitting and inside if raining.  I prefer a deck where you can see both - instead of switching from left to right side of ship to see both.  Also - great view of VN bridge.  Are decks available in front of ship or just aft for simultaneously viewing - THANKS for any info!!!

5 minutes ago, Treacher1 said:

Which deck is the best area for viewing both port and starboard to see NYC skyline and Statue of Liberty? - both outside weather permitting and inside if raining.  I prefer a deck where you can see both - instead of switching from left to right side of ship to see both.  Also - great view of VN bridge.  Are decks available in front of ship or just aft for simultaneously viewing - THANKS for any info!!!

Deck 20 (Sundeck) Forward...... https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/deck-plans

9 hours ago, Treacher1 said:

I prefer a deck where you can see both - instead of switching from left to right side of ship to see both

You won't get a great view of both from one location except from the stern after the ship has passed the SoL.  Anywhere else, you'll need to move if you want a clear, unobstructed view.  The biggest plus to deck 20 versus those immediately below is the ease with which you can move from one side or another.  Keep in mind your view fore and aft is limited up there, and the wind breaks can limit photography.

Spice H20 is OK, but I find the wind breaks there very obtrusive.  If I was going to the stern (which is my preference) I'd either use the Garden Cafe or go down to deck 8.  The aft section of the waterfront makes it easy to walk from one side to the other and provides a great view of everything as you pull away.  You may want to go back up to the upper decks before the bridge, though.  In my opinion the higher decks don't make a huge difference when viewing Manhattan or the SoL, but they do matter when going under the bridge!  Of course, if you want to partake in the pool-side sail away activities, the higher decks are better as well.

A few shots from the Escape:

A2T1A5233a.thumb.jpg.3832d6dc4459efce76f9716233f2a190.jpg

XA2T1A3358.thumb.jpg.81f4ef30d5b51ee2a80625c454b7ac1a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We found deck 8 nc worked. We were under cover if it rained  could view starboard going past the statue of liberty. Port side fore the freedom tower and aft for great New York Skyline.

20180619_212844.jpg

20180619_212933.jpg

• Like 1