Bermuda late October

tbtma

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has experience cruising in late Oct to Bermuda ? I did look up the averages, & it seems like temp is around upper 70's to low 80. Hoping we would still be able to enjoy the beautiful beaches of Bermuda ! Any personal experiences ?

Thanks 

Bonzo

I haven’t been to Bermuda that time of year, but I have been 4 times from June -September and all the locals I met said they only swim in the water from end of May till labour day as the water is too cold for them otherwise, obviously they are climatized but I would be very disappointed if I travelled all the way to Bermuda and could not swim those beautiful waters because it was chilly for me. 

Not exactly answering your question but I guess the point is you may want to look up average water temperature at that time and decide if it will work for you (assuming you want to swim in the ocean)

On our Halloween Escape last October-November, weather was nearly perfect, temp's in the 70's, sunny & dry with low humidity ... sunbathers were out.  Ocean temps definitely not like being in the Caribbeans - depending on the specific beachfront & which way it's facing against wind direction, some will still take a dip or go knee-high down from the sandy beaches.  We had golfers in our Roll Call & they absolutely loved it.  

This Fall, I am somewhat surprised that NCL got several ships calling upon Dockyard into mid November, doing short 5 days and super short 4 days run out of NY (didn't look at Boston at all ...) and for folks who got tired of Port Canaveral & Nassau with 50:50 odds of tendering success for GSC, this is an alternative out of the Northeast.  

39 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

This Fall, I am somewhat surprised that NCL got several ships calling upon Dockyard into mid November, doing short 5 days and super short 4 days run out of NY (didn't look at Boston at all ...) and for folks who got tired of Port Canaveral & Nassau with 50:50 odds of tendering success for GSC, this is an alternative out of the Northeast.  

i am booked on the dawn to Bermuda for November. i never seen a cruise to Bermuda that late as Bermuda cruising season seems to be from April to end of October. Most of the tours i had in mind for my cruise stop running at the end of October  😞

Edited by shof515

And, just a side note & heads up ... commented on a related posts, folks sailing should look at & check the posted Bermuda port schedule vs. NCL's published time for arrival, for the Nov. 3rd - Escape, it is 4 PM (or later) on a Wednesday, not 8 AM as the Dawn is there already & the AIDAdiva is using the 2nd. berth at Dockyard on the 6th.  

We got (slightly) extra time leaving on Friday instead as a token compensation instead of 2 pm (posted now as 3 pm) and still got back to NYC plentiful early, pre-dawn into Lower Bay ... 

http://bernews.com/2018/12/2019-bermuda-cruise-ship-schedule-released/