Eurodam arriving San Diego Early

I can confirm that leaving on the 13th was solely due to flight delays from Dallas, Texas. Several tornadoes near the airport caused the loss of life for a few people....that is how severe the weather was on that day.

American Airlines had do delay, delay, and delay all flights,; however,  one in particular had 17 passengers for Eurodam on it.

The captain was first advised of the delay early in the afternoon when the plane was expected to land about 5 pm.  Then, the update was 6:30......then 7:20.....then 8:10, 8:20.....8:30.   

What was the ship to do?  The first port was 5 days away and all of these guests were stuck in a big group and the commitment to keep the ship and staff way beyond normal times had been made.  Some of our ground crew were on station for over 15 hours......7:30 am  until 10:30 pm.

The current issue with the azipod occurred in the Hawaiian Islands, not prior.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

I was on the Hawaii cruise and am on the Vancouver leg. We were told by the captain finally the fishing line got on the azipod 6 weeks ago and was discovered before we left San Diego. The net caused damage to the azipod seal, so we left Kona late. We left San Diego at 10:30pm instead of 5pm because of waiting for 55 passengers flying in from Texas. They came to the ship minus their luggage. One couple flying in from Texas arrived at 5:30pm and was told the Eurodam was gone and was put up at the Sheraton and not brought over until Honolulu. This was their 55th wedding anniversary trip. The ship has done a really poor job of keeping us informed and a worse job of compensation! 

My account is factual.

The couple that stayed at the hotel preferred that option, even though my airport staff informed them when they arrived that they could board late. 

Their arrangements had been made through Holland America Air Sea Department based on the scheduled departure at 5 pm.

It was their choice made before they left Texas.

They did not arrive from DFW, but Houston.

David

20 minutes ago, sambamama said:

I was on the Hawaii cruise and am on the Vancouver leg.

We were told by the captain finally the fishing line got on the azipod 6 weeks ago and was discovered before we left San Diego. The net caused damage to the azipod seal, so we left Kona late. We left San Diego at 10:30pm instead of 5pm because of waiting for 55 passengers flying in from Texas. They came to the ship minus their luggage. One couple flying in from Texas arrived at 5:30pm and was told the Eurodam was gone and was put up at the Sheraton and not brought over until Honolulu. This was their 55th wedding anniversary trip. The ship has done a really poor job of keeping us informed and a worse job of compensation! 

Six weeks ago? That would have made the net entangling the poor azipod around the 18th of March prior to reaching French Polynesia?

Maybe your account is factual. I talked to the wife, and she told me they were not told they could get on the ship. I can't vouch for what was told to the husband, I only know what the wife told me directly. I could be wrong about the 6 weeks-that was told to me indirectly, but I do know the captain said the fishing net was on prior to San Diego-but they only discovered it in San Diego. 

I visit W. Springfield every January at the Big E for the Amherst Train Show.....now 20+ years in a row.   If you have a chance come by and say "Hello".  

I'm in the Better Living Center......#74T if I recall correctly.

Some of us cruisers also enjoy model railroading as a hobby, too.

It is so interesting to see Christmas wreaths up at the end of January!  Also, on occasions icicles 12-15' long dangling from rooftops.  Californians don't see either, so it is something I always look forward to.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY