Few Questions About Harmony

I am a first time Royal Caribbean Cruiser going on Harmony of the Seas for a 3 Night on May 6. I know its short but I am going to do my best to pack it all in in those three days so i am trying to plan ahead for some things and a few of the things I have read in others trip reports I do not see listed as activities in my Royal Caribbean App for my cruise. I am wondering if these events are exclusive to longer cruises or if maybe it just does not show up on the app in advance? So if you have any ideas it will definitely help my planning. Thank you

1) The evening balloon drop? I believe it happens on the first night of the cruise at midnight?

2) I have heard there are parades on the Royal Promenade?

3) I also have seen some videos on youtube of a goodbye song performed on cruises. Would love to see that as well. 

Like I said I know its a short cruise so they may not do any of this. Was just curious if anyone had any first hand experience with short cruises on Harmony.  Not seeing it in the app is making me assume neither of the above is happening.

I appreciate any info you can provide. Thank you again

Yes, balloon drop usually 1st night midnight.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember a Farewell Show on Oasis class ships (I have been on Harmony & Allure) so I do not think you will see the "Until We Meet Again" performance.  On ships that do have the Farewell Show, they sometimes they will do "Imagine" by John Lennon instead of Until We Meet Again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweet angel said:

How funny! I’ve been on enough Royal cruises to be Diamond and had no idea they did a balloon drop at midnight. 

First time I have heard this but I have only been on 12 Royal cruises.  Where does this take place?

1 hour ago, sweet angel said:

How funny! I’ve been on enough Royal cruises to be Diamond and had no idea they did a balloon drop at midnight. 

Maybe this is a Harmony thing, because I've never seen it either.

3 hours ago, sweet angel said:

First I have heard of it too... 

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Maybe this is a Harmony thing, because I've never seen it either.

Been on Harmony and didn't know about it!!  LOL 

What is a Ball Drop? 

3 minutes ago, sweet angel said:

Me too!  Second time on Harmony will be in 5 days.

Take a video of it and share it with us!!  LOL 

I googled it and didn't come up with anything 

All of these items didn't really show up in the app until a week or two before the cruise.  Obviously the OP is leaving today, so hopefully he/she will see it in the Cruise Compass in the stateroom by now.  Still, all of these are really informal.  Just show up and find a spot to stand and enjoy.

Regarding the balloon drop the first night, my wife and I went when we were on the Symphony in January and I don't think we'll ever do it again.  It was super crowded, but we were still having fun.  That is, until the balloons actually dropped.  You're in a relatively small space (at least for the number of people there at the time), shoulder to shoulder, with loud music playing, and then every single one of those balloons starts popping.  With all the echoing from being in the promenade it was completely deafening and just got to be too much for us.  It made for some great pictures, but that's about it.  If there was a way for Royal to do this on the top decks, outdoors, it would be better, but I'm sure they would be concerned about all those balloons blowing overboard and the pollution it would create.