Celebrity "Not"- unless you're on the F list

micheles

I think Lois has hit it on the head with the run down of celebrity lists. A-D pertain to the famous to not-so-much. I guess F-list is, well, all of us.

In our family, when we've screwed up Plan A, and Plan B was either never thought of or screwed up too, we always say we're in Plan F.

Yep, we're pretty comfortable down here on the F List, and for the OP to use the term in such a derogatory manner is just plain F-ist. Don't appreciate it one bit.

Amy

Wow.

For me personally the things listed while a bit of an annoyance would by no means deter me from cruising. The prices of drinks (while exagerrated) are well know - that is why we bring a few bottles on with us. We also will go to CC class if we go to ports we have to tender so to avoid the lines by getting priortity tender.

New to these message boards, fast becoming addicted, but a few things I'm unsure of. OP???? Only thing I can come up with is Offending Person (although I guess they'd prefer Offended Person.) Also PAX - X passengers??

I do agree that so many misconceptions can be avoided by "doing your homework."

New to these message boards, fast becoming addicted, but a few things I'm unsure of. OP???? Only thing I can come up with is Offending Person (although I guess they'd prefer Offended Person.) Also PAX - X passengers??

I do agree that so many misconceptions can be avoided by "doing your homework."

It refers to the Original Poster of a thread.

You know, having a good vacation is all in your attitude! If you decide that you are going to have a good vacation you will!:)

"Don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff":D

The cup is half full, not half empty;)

January 23, 2006

Dear Cruisecritic.com:

Below is our review of a cruise booked through Travelocity.

Travelocity, shouldn't ever do it again. Recommendation of Celebrity Cruises will damage your reputation. In the land of stars they get a big fat 0. My husband and I left San Pedro on December 18th, 2005, and returned on January 2nd, 2006. We choose this particular cruise because, like idiot’s we thought it would be so easy. We live up in the hills of San Pedro and can see the ships from our home. What a great idea to cruise to Hawaii for the holidays.

As soon as we got to the terminal it started, here are the offenses from worst to least.

1/02/05 = Getting off the ship and to our home took 5 hours. You don’t even want to know. The culprit was supposed to be a broken gang plank. Well, they had 2 gang planks. It took them hours to figure out that the broken plank couldn’t be fixed so in the end, Celebrity staff finally let everyone go out of the ship on the lower gang plank. They were so disorganized and it took forever to make a simple decision.

Then you had to get your luggage, which was fine, but try getting a Porter to help you. You’re looking at another line for an hour.

Then there was the Taxi line which took over an hour. When I say 5 hours to get home I am not lying. I could see my house from the ship, but I am darn if I could get to it.

12/18/05 = By the way, boarding the ship took over an hour and a half

Anytime!!!!!! you had to take a Tender. God help up if you got up early and tried to start your day. It didn’t matter because part of your day was stolen. The brain scientists at Celebrity decided that everyone would have to go to get a Tender Ticket, and then wait until your tender # was called. So after 1.5 hours you finally got on Maui or Hilo.

Coming back was even worse. It took almost 2 hours to get back on the ship. Are you getting this? Three-point- five hours of just standing in lines, in the hot sun, with nasty or no bathrooms for 2 of those hours. I am talking about the first Tender stop only. Hilo was worse.

Beverages, especially alcohol, well my husband gets me a soda, coke in a can.

It costs over 3 dollars. If you’re not a big drinker there is always juice. “Yeah Right”. The dinner juices are so watered down that you can see your hand through the glass they serve it in. Ice tea and water are you only options.

12/20/05 approximately, I ordered a chocolate martini room service, cost eleven dollars. Which was served to me in a fancy martini glass filled to the brim, during the rockiest voyage I had ever been on? We were experiencing 30 ft. waves. It took my Steward 25 minutes to get that drink to me due to the conditions. As soon as he took it from the tray and handed to my husband the ship took a wave and the half the drink spilled. Tell me why didn’t the Bartender have the sense to send the drink in the Martini shaker with the glass on the side? My poor Steward went back to get me another drink with specific instructions from me to either leave the drink in the shaker, or to put the drink in another type of glass. The Steward returns with another drink in a different type of glass, and another charge slip. Yes, to add insult to injury I was charged 11.00 for a 2nd drink. I could have sent the drink back but then our steward would be put out. I didn’t have the heart, it was not his fault.

Every drink, even a glass of wine is 11.00 dollars a pop. Celebrity unlike like the other lines we have been on, and we have been on about ten. Celebrity’s policy for alcoholic beverages is outrageous. On every other cruise line that we have been on a guest can buy alcohol and take it to their state room. There is a charge for each bottle you purchase and the last ship the charge was 9:00 a bottle. Celebrity no, they really want you to drink and specifically alcohol@ 11:00 a drink. Usually a drink cost 6/7 dollars on a ship. I felt like I was in Las Vegas. “Get our money” “ Get our money”

The tipping policy, they want you to tip people I never heard of before. The chief housekeeper, and maybe an extra food service person, and it was not the Pantry Assistant who should have been included. There were two extra people named. Like I said “Get the money”

Last but not least, The Grand Ditz, Oh Captain. The man didn’t have the patience, respect, or even courteously to position the ship around so that we could see the Volcano erupting at night. You would think that would occur to him. DAH!!!!! This is like something you don’t see everyday, and most people will never see again. The Captain from the other ship did, and so did the Captain of the other ship the last time we sailed to Hawaii.

One more thing, try getting help the last night after you’ve paid your bill, impossible.

Royal Caribbean is usually together and well organized. Something has gone wrong with the purchase of the Celebrity line. I fear that the parents have over extended themselves.

We will never take Celebrity again.

Sincerely,

Michele & David L.Sponder

I have not yet read all the replies to your comments, but I do want to address a couple of them: 1-debarkation, for us too, on Celebrity has been a total disaster, so was RCI. 2-as for drinks, yes, I think they are outrageous, we didn't pay $11.00 for a glass of wine on the Zenith last month, but did pay $9.00 including tip. Needless to say we drank less than usual, but we did an NCL cruise in Sept and drinks were about the same, maybe a $1.00 cheaper. The ships have a captive audience and are taking full advantage of the situation. On NCL we did a bar set up:$43.00 for a bottle of JW, Red including the $3 service charge: DD did the same on Celebrity: $86.00 for 2 bottles, one JW, one Absolute. Obviously the price was about the same.

You do need to consider you choose a Christmas cruise which add to the confusion and probably prices. Don't mark Celebrity off your list quite yet, they are a good line with lots of perks. BTW, they are not my favorite line and I am not a Celebrity loyalist. Just thought I would add that. NMNita

Every drink, even a glass of wine is 11.00 dollars a pop.

Celebrity charges different pricing on their Caribbean itineraries than they do on Hawaiian itineraries?

I have a bar menu in front of me as I type from the Galaxy sailing in December.

Wine by the glass:

4 @ $5.95

1 @ $7.75

1 @ $7.95

2 @ $8.00

1 @ $8.25

1 @ $8.75

3 @ $8.95

1 @ $9.25

There are no glasses of wine listed at $11.00 per glass.

Champagne runs from $6.95 to $12.95 per glass.

Okay, I give up. New to the Boards, what does OP mean? Also, Pax - X passengers?

Fast becoming addicted to these messages. Have learned a lot!

OP Original poster of the thread

Pax Passengers

X A nickname for Celebrity derived from the original owners Greek name, the X is on the funnel of the Celebrity ships.

Archived