Signs Ignored....by some anyway

EganFire

“No smoking in cabins”  On our last cruise our next door neighbors smoked nonstop on their balcony - cigarettes AND WEED!  If we opened our balcony door it sucked the smoke right into our room. I asked them once not to do it, then complained to our cabin steward and called about it, but nothing to our knowledge was done, as it continued. We had an extra large balcony and couldn’t enjoy it!

18 hours ago, cruiser1955a said:

Don’t most, if not all people leave it on their hands? If they head to the nearest sink to wash off “the goo”, that’s even better for sanitation.

In the cases of both soap and alcohol:  Neither does anything to kill bacteria if you put it on and immediately rinse it off.  It should be left on your hands long enough to kill bacteria which is 20 or 30 seconds.  That seems like a short amount of time, until you are standing there rubbing your hands together imagining someone grabbing the last good dinner roll in the buffet before you get a chance to have one.  Then 30 seconds seems like a lifetime for some, and they end up lasting 10 seconds and carrying their bacteria to the table with them.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:46 PM, Birdie And Sue said:

You are ASSuming that I do not read and abide by the sign in the bathroom that says for people to use a paper towel to open the door.  Again if you would get a warm and fuzzy feeling about me by following me into the bathroom to watch me wash my hands well by all means come on in.  That junk gives people like you a very false sense of security and safety.  I'll NEVER use that stuff.  It takes two seconds and accomplished nothing at all.  I do not want some slimy goop all over my hands when I eat.  It is really scary the number of people who think that using that junk is even close to a substitute for good hand washing.

I had a co-worker who used hand sanitizer constantly, and she was always sick.  Ended up with pneumonia.  I wash my hands constantly on cruises, and everywhere else.  Using too much hand sanitizer is part of the problem, and gives a false sense of security. You can’t avoid germs completely, and dong so is unhealthy.  Unless you are wearing sterile gloves, it’s impossible. There are plenty of bathrooms on cruise ships where you can wash your hands. And as other posters have said, I don’t want to eat hand sanitizer.  Use soap and warm water.  Nuff said.  Please excuse the rant, but this irks me as much as the overuse of antibiotics.  

Sometimes, if you're not paying attention....you might get more than you expected:   

1725517909_Watchforourchildren.thumb.jpg.4b29bddb0006a4b0b4c21001915641ca.jpg

TRANSLATION:    Watch for our children....they might be yours!

Stephen