Live from the Silhouette Mini Cruise to Amsterdam

kikki21

Yay it’s almost Cruise time - this time I’ll be boarding the beautiful Silhouette tomorrow morning well more like midday ish with my fiancé who hasn’t been on a Celebrity Cruise ship with me so it will be interesting to see what he thinks - we have been on MSC & P&O ships together. 

It’s a much needed mini break & we are staying overnight tonight on a really good dinner, bed & breakfast deal in a hotel close to Southampton. I got the deal on Secret Escapes in a lovely deluxe double room after a 3 hr journey from the Midlands. 

I’ll try & pop in some pictures if I can too & tell you about our mini break experience to Amsterdam. 

We are staying in a Concierge Class stateroom, a Sunset View one. I’ve stayed at the front of the ship previously on MSC & now I’m right at the back. I’ve not experienced it before so I thought I would give it a go & booked it for this cruise. 

We ummed & ahhed where to stay. It’s certainly not cheap in Southampton. Last time we did the Britannia mini cruise to Bruges, we stayed at the Grand Harbour Hotel & really enjoyed it. We got a really great room overlooking the port & main road & could see the ships. 

So I shopped around & got this deal at the Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel. Set in beautiful & extensive grounds. We have just had a lovely meal & we’re ready for the morning!

2180C458-FB59-48D2-858E-1646EC6EE5D5.jpeg

• Like 2

Just before I went to sleep last night, I went onto Marine Tracker to see where she was & she was in the Channel. 

This morning she is docked in Southampton along with the Azura & Britannia & Sapphire Princess. 

We have breakfast at the hotel included in our package & then we have a few last minute things to buy before heading to the port - we are only 4 miles away but with 4 cruise ships in then traffic is bound to be on the heavy side. We are parking at the terminal for the duration of the cruise. 

I took advantage of the first night discount for the speciality restaurants & we are booked in for the Lawn Club Grill. I thought about Murano as I really enjoyed it there last time ( but it was with my ex!) so I wanted to try a different experience!

C3597DF8-3C18-44D1-BDF1-A6FE7C97F21E.png

85C48533-FE61-4E08-92C3-C002F7470E42.png

Hi hope you enjoy your cruise.  If you get time could you post whether there is a kettle in the stateroom and what type of power outlets there are.  Thanks in anticipation.  Hope LCG tonight is great.

Hi everyone!

We are on board & I am in my lovely SV stateroom & it is lovely & quiet out back here!

Yes there is a kettle in this room - it is a Concierge Class stateroom though. 

The power outlets are American & guess who forgot to bring their adapters - yes but we should be able to get hold of one somewhere! 

The queues to get on board seemed quite long but we were on board within 30 minutes which I thought was quite good. As we are CC we had a lunch in the MDR which was actually really good. 

I had the Caesar salad, the Morrocan ribs & the choc cake. 

This worked perfectly with the rooms being ready at 1pm.

85DAFCE2-6AD1-4A62-9266-4538D2E24FA9.jpeg

8EF200C4-3FC9-4800-9D4B-98A86C90D927.jpeg

CBE85D24-7100-4A66-88E1-F9511B1501B5.jpeg

This was the menu choice - proper MDR type food!

Then I did a tour top to bottom of the ship for my fiancé. Finding it familiar after being on the Reflection. We will try to take in a show tonight & I should really unpack. The Internet was a bit hiccupy at the beginning but seems ok now. I have free internet with the cruise package I purchased at the time. 

FC93542C-A646-48A5-8CD1-424E84D1453B.jpeg

14 minutes ago, bernipops said:

Thanks for the update.  Only 6 weeks to our cruise so am avidly reading your review.

I’m looking forward to LCG as you mentioned earlier! We have done plenty of walking already. Over 6000 steps & I walked up the stairs from deck 5 to deck 11! Got to build up that appetite! 

We went to see the show Life in the theatre before dinner - I was never one for ship theatre shows before I met my fiancé but seeing as he is in the theatre business, now I have to! 😂

anyway the show was very good & well worth seeing.

so we went off early to the Lawn Club Grill - the food was VERY worth it but dining in the English Channel with a 25mph wind in very unseasonable May weather was totally freezing. There are blankets & heaters but they are both pretty inadequate to be honest but we toughen it out! 

3F9A867C-C1BC-428E-9864-ECD6ED0B224A.jpeg

3B9A94DB-D70A-474D-9A5C-6B618ED251AA.jpeg

6CBA58EA-6815-4871-94C7-B045AEAA9C1C.jpeg

9E315F4A-64BC-4566-B774-B16EA396DF3D.jpeg

C6692A81-EE3E-44CE-8EEC-51CC534FD34C.jpeg

9F8C25AB-10FF-4900-84DB-EF246C46DF0E.jpeg

Morning all - we have breakfast arriving at the latest time slot for in room service soon! 

The ship is giving us a good ride but is quite rocky out back. We don’t get to Amsterdam till 2pm so we might have a bit more kip afterwards or we might go to the gym although we will be doing plenty of walking in Amsterdam! I think chilling might be better here! 

I’ll attempt to photograph some bar menus! 

Although at the Sky Lounge one bartender did not know how to mix a Bushwhacker but fortunately did know how to mix a Lava Flow - he may have been new though! 

Our current position rocking in the North Sea! 

D81CAA95-A37C-48DF-B36E-F2CB8605F9C2.png

On 5/4/2019 at 10:58 AM, bernipops said:

Hi hope you enjoy your cruise.  If you get time could you post whether there is a kettle in the stateroom and what type of power outlets there are.  Thanks in anticipation.  Hope LCG tonight is great.

Hi.

There is one European 220-volt outlet and two American 120 volt outlets. On  Celebrity sailings from the UK all staterooms have a kettle.

23 minutes ago, dollydosh said:

Hi.

There is one European 220-volt outlet and two American 120 volt outlets. On  Celebrity sailings from the UK all staterooms have a kettle.

Thanks for the info will check our adapters.

I’m having the Sailor’s Crush which is pretty good actually. I’m going to sleep well tonight that is for sure! Over 16,000 steps & still counting! 

We had room service breakfast this morning & generally chilled out before getting off the ship just after 2pm. We walked about 15 mins to the side of the main train station as we got the 1 hr canal tour & decided to do that first before walking miles & miles! 

5818DEFA-A0D8-4278-A777-7D7C344A1F50.jpeg