Are there new rules regarding drink package upgrades?

ssmea03

Bea ... MSC truly are a mess and an even bigger one than previously,I know we joke about the Left hand and the Right hand but it would appear to be very true.

You have to wonder just who if anyone is in control of the outfit because it seems as though it is on a par with the UK government handling of Brexit.

The incompetence of the company has to be questioned because it has become so bad, they appear to be obsessed with building new ships and running before they can walk a statement one of the crew said to me in the last 12 months, another said "I am a manager in name only" that tells you enough of how bad it has become.

MSC have become the me,me,me look at me of the cruising world, meanwhile customer service has become almost non existent and the website works as though it was designed by children.

The family that own the company clearly do not care as long as the money keeps rolling in and the only saving grace for many is their own onboard experience.

The UK office lost good knowledgeable staff when it was moved out to somewhere in the middle of an industrial estate with no public transport links.

• Like 2

I thought our MSC cruising days were coming to an end with the way prices are going.  Then MSC surprised me by offering a 5+15% discount off an itinerary that fits for our next year's anniversary, giving us a fantastic price for YC (which, more and more, is all we seem to be considering these days for ships where YC is available).

As long as that keeps happening, we'll remain with MSC, because, as you say, for the onboard experience.  Overall, the crew do their best to convince you that you're valued as a regular customer (that's certainly been our experience on most cruises) even if it doesn't come across when dealing with the company's customer service onshore.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you Dave & Bea. 

For me I just try and carry on making a joke of the situation. However recently I did get very annoyed - not for me but for Bea who was struggling to change cabins. Staff in the UK office in some situations either guess answers (often getting it wrong) or simply say “no” possibly just to try and get rid of the email. 

I was hoping MSC would invest in the UK and send a ship to the UK for the summer without the Hamburg stop where 90% plus embark. 

Clearly that is never going to happen now. Especially considering hardy anyone is embarking on Preziosa each Wednesday. Those that do report having a great cruise. Apart from visiting the exact same ports on offer from almost every cruise departing Southampton. 

Personally I don’t think we would ever cruise outside of Yacht Club again. Also now that prices for the Yacht Club Deluxe have increased massively on the cruises we wanted, we’re booked in YIN’s for the next 2 cruises. 

So MSC have my custom like you say, due to the onboard experience. I’ve tried NCL & RC and was extremely disappointed and they both cost more than Yacht Club!

The one thing on here that makes me laugh is that certain contributors accuse others of being ‘cheerleaders’. I’ve not come across one that fits that title yet due to all of the above 😀

• Like 1

Bea ... Never ever had one cruise offer from MSC, never had advanced warning of opening offers for new ships and this despite them twice sorting out the email issue, I have to admit that my very long patience has worn very thin with MSC and beyond our current Xmas booking we have no plans to sail with them beyond that one, it may be that we give that a swerve as well because of the flight prices.

There is currently nothing that would interest me in another MSC cruise until the Seaside Evo comes out, the current crop are just larger Divinas to me and the current prices for Med cruises are a joke.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:16 PM, Denise Lichtenberger said:

This is our first cruise - is the easy package that bad?   Should we really consider upgrading?

All depends on how much you like to drink.  I appreciate fine wine and top shelf liquor but I could actually get along nicely with the Easy. Package.  I clove Heineken on tap and the zero drinks can be combined with shots...what’s not to like??